percentages

Options
I am 5'3'' and looking to lose 10-12lbs. I need some help wih carbs/fat/protein ratios to make tthis plateau break. I log calories now but dont really pay too much attention on how the calories are divided up between the 3.

I know I eat more carbs then I should. I do eat alot of protein ( think close to 100g most days) and some days my fat grams are to insane.

what ratio should I set my setting to?? I eat about 1400-1500cals a day (if I am eating good) and I work out 4-6x a week doing activities such as running, biking, and dvd programs like Insanity/p90x. With the nicer weather is been more running and biking lately.

any info any of you could provide would be appreciated!
thank you!!!

Replies

• jeweljade
    jeweljade Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm definitely no expert but I do know that my last semester of college I was trying to loose some weight for my wedding, and on top of working out and eating right I started eating a plate full of celery with just a little light Italian dressing at lunch and it helped me get over the plateau I was in. I read somewhere that the calories it takes to digest the celery is actually more than what the celery is itself, because of the high quantity of fiber in it. Good luck to you!!!
  • NanaAtaa
    NanaAtaa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! Have you re-calibrated your net calorie goals based on your recent wt loss?

In order to move past your current plateau, you will need to burn or consume less than what you need to maintain your weight.

The database does a pretty good job of re-calculating your calorie needs for wt loss according to your new wt loss goal of an additional 10-12 pounds. I am guessing that right now, your consumption of 1400 - 1500 calories (is that before or after exercise?) is exactly enough to maintain your weight as it is. You are taking more than enough protein, so I wouldn't increase that amount. Once you recalculate your wt goal and how quickly you want to lose it, MFP will determine the correct percentage of carbs, pro, and fat to reach that goal daily - safely.

Also - are you watching your sodium intake? Excessive sodium intake (>2000 mg/day) may keep excess fluid weight on you. If you haven't done so already, add sodium to your daily nutrient grid so that you can monitor how much total sodium you are consuming each day.

Hope this is helpful.
  • GrammaPower
    GrammaPower Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 x wk and meet with a licenced dietician 1x week. SHe advices many body builders as well as us little old grandma- types! She suggests the following ratio, but modifies it per individual - 50 % Carbs 35% Protein 15-20% Fat with the 5% Fat range going toward more complex carbs based on the person. Actually she has told folks that they can do 35% / 35% / 30% but the key to continued success is most usually change/increases to execise. Just some thoughts! :bigsmile: