To my constipated friends! ;)

Options
1235»

Replies

• Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My spinach smoothies in the morning are the key. If I don't have one every day I look like a bloated fish and feel awful.
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Konsyl psyllium fiber, plums, hot tea, lots of water and exercise. Cut down on the carrots.
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Morning! This is coming from someone who just had a colonoscopy and actually takes meds everyday to help with using the bathroom. I have idiopathic chronic constipation and I'm lucky if I get to go every 4 to 7 days. It's BAD! Coming from a pro, some of the best remedies and also the most gentle will be using magnesium once to twice a day and using miralax. It tells you to only use it for a week but it's gentle enough if you need it more it won't hurt your stomach or intestines.

I am a Miralax girl myself. My Dr. is a fan of it and told me that it is better for you than some of the other ones because you don't become dependent on it to go! LOVE it!
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am hypothyroid and that causes me the problem and pretty much nothing helps. I have tried pro biotics and laxatives. Sometimes even they don't work. If this is a new problem you may want to have your thyroid checked.

I have hypothyroidism as well and it does cause constipation. Maybe something you might want to look into.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    If you had that pregnant belly again you are recommended to go to Nephrologist and have a Creatinine blood test.....
  • Saucytee
    Saucytee Posts: 31
    Options
    I have suffered from chronic constipation my whole life and I recently discovered my "miracle cure". It is Konsyl brand 100% original formula psyllium fiber. I take 1 tsp. a day and I have no problems. It is sugar free and gluten free.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    GNC Probiotics chews. 2 grams of fiber per chew and 5 billion cfu each. You can chew 1-5 (they almost taste like starburst). I eat 2 per day and let's just say... they work! :)
    I'm also hypo, so I can say this really helps!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I needed this thread. I have been adding fiber and drinking a ton of water and all it did was cause bloating and discomfort. I'm going to try some of the suggestions. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!