what do you do on your rest day?

Options
grdaze
grdaze Posts: 195 Member
Do you literally do nothing? Do you do a different exercise from your normal routine?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Rest.
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nothing or a slow walk. The idea is to rest, so rest and enjoy it :smile:

I know I get antsy on my rest days sometimes, but your muscles to need to recover, so don't do anything extreme, but a short, light swim or walk should be fine.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Rest.

^^
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I rest - meaning I stay out of the gym and I don't run.

I will however do things like go on a date with the boy to the zoo and walk for 6 hrs.. walk around art galleries, walk the national mall/visit the monuments. Very rarely will I just stay at home and do nothing.
  • blkpag1
    blkpag1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love to hop on the bicycle and go for a nice long (hour or two) and slow cruise and enjoy the ride.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    You can just strictly rest or you can use it as a day to stretch out/foam roll or you can even do some type of yoga.
  • rudyr123
    rudyr123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I actually do light walking on my rest days. Seems to help me out.
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to just sit and do NOTHING, literally no exercise (which is so funny because five months ago THAT was easy, lol!!)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I work on my feet about 12 hours a day on the days I don't workout. Sucks.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Errands :/
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Nothing or a slow walk. The idea is to rest, so rest and enjoy it :smile:

I know I get antsy on my rest days sometimes, but your muscles to need to recover, so don't do anything extreme, but a short, light swim or walk should be fine.

Exactly this! I learned the hard way about NOT taking a rest day. Today is my rest day actually and I plan to enjoy it and be energized and ready to go for my workout tomorrow night.
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If at all possible I like to take the dogs on a long hike - I think I'd starve if I didn't have exercise calories to eat back lol. It's also nice to just get out and do some sort of alternate active thing, play some sport with friends or something!
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If I liked it I would do yoga on my rest day... usually I find something small to do. I'll do one jillian michaels video or just do a little stretching.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Rest. But I do some stretching, light yoga, foam rolling kinda stuff or else I get stiff and achey.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Rest days are something I'm having a real battle with. On my rest days I end up eating far, far too much of everything. I think it's because I'm not getting those 'feel good' vibes from the exercise so am turning to the fridge looking for it (like the old me used to). So, now I've decided just to take a light walk on rest days instead. I exercise pretty hard most days so a gentle walk is kind of like a rest.