Thursday NSV (Non Scale Victory) Thread

Options

Replies

• optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I ran into a high school classmate who I haven't seen in a year and the first thing she says to me after "hi!" is "Wow, you've lost weight!!" Gave me a pretty good feeling all over .:happy:
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I had a huge one last week. I got married almost 13 years ago and thought that I could never get my dress to fit again. Anyway it's sitting on thop of my closet in a box and I kind of made it my goal for it to fit since someone close to me said that we could never get back down to where we were before we got married. :explode: :tongue: I had been itching to try it but didn't because I was afraid that I would be dissapointed. Anyway on friday when I got home I tried it on and guess what? It fit, after 13 years and 2 kids. :tongue:
    That is awesome! Congrats!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Mine is clothes related too !! the pants in the closet, the ones that had been up on the shelf for 6 weeks since I bought them because, in a rush and they were on clearance, they were my "size" but didnt fit right, today they fit fine!
    oh yeah , and my used to be favorites,
    i cant wear without looking like im trying to "sag" them..

and that is not good look for a 41 year old white woman ,

no matter who you are ...

^ THIS!

The other day no less than 3 co-workers told me that I really need to get some new pants. So, yesterday I went through my tote of "someday I'll get back into these" clothes. I found 4 pairs of work pants that fit me now and 2 pairs of jeans! One of the work pants even still had the tags. I guess the old comfy WAAAY too big favorites are getting shelved.

Why shelve them?! Get rid of them! You're not going to be needing them in the future! :wink:
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I can feel my shoulder bones.

And the other day my daughter was sitting in my lap. She stood up and walked away and I looked back down and was SHOCKED to see the floor instead of my belly.
  • dazzo62
    dazzo62 Posts: 78
    Options
    I saw someone I haven't seen in 6 months and they said "have you lost more weight?" and I said "No, just walking more". guess it shifting SOMETHING!
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    I went to a charity sale last night and picked up posh dress in a UK 8 - I still think I will be at least a 12 as I have always had big boobs so I wasn't very confident it would fit but it did - perfectly! And it was a bargain.
  • aperrillioux
    aperrillioux Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I ran SIX miles yesterday! SIX MILES! I'd run up to five miles twice in the past, but never six. And, it was actually 6.2 miles! And it was outside, with hills and sun and sweat! =D

But then, in order to have my hands free for stretching, I put my phone on top of my car...and I didn't remember that until I got home. This is the second time that I've murdered my phone. Sigh.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a shock today. Unfortunately, I never did a before pic and should have done. I like to see my progress how I look on my Brothers Harley bike.

I have just taken this pic and the yellow line is where my stomach used to be. It wasn't very comfortable having the petrol tank under it. Since then, have lost 202 pounds (14 stone 6 pounds).

If I had a licence, I would be on it right now.

biketx.jpg
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've always hated dresses - I feel that I look terrible in them. But today the weather is warm, so I put on a dress for work. I feel pretty good. :)
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    2 NSVs for me this week even though the scale isn't moving much

Bought 2 pair of capris a while back - one that were quite snug (size 10) but I would be that size once spring comes and the other a goal size (size 8).. We'll the size 10 were pretty baggy and the 8 looked just fine (Liz Clayborne must run big 'cuz can't believe I'm a 8)

Ribs - not the BBQ kind but the kind you can feel when you rub your sides!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    i finished the 30 day shred in 30 days!!!!!!

AWESOMENESS!!!!!
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I can now to 8 real push up, breezing through 30ds level 1 and can jog. I couldn't do any of this a few weeks ago. It was hard when I first started walking, I was doing a 2 mile walk while chasing my 5 year old on her bike to get my oldest daughter from school. I would have to stop under the guise of being thirsty. ETA I think the main reason I had no endurance was because I was eating 800-900 calories and this wasn't nearly enough to allow me to function so I was tired and really grouchy all the time. I'm so glad I found MFP!
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Saw my ortho surgeon today--he immediately remarked that I had lost weight since my last visit just three weeks ago!
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You rock! Congratulations.

I had a bit of a shock today. Unfortunately, I never did a before pic and should have done. I like to see my progress how I look on my Brothers Harley bike.

I have just taken this pic and the yellow line is where my stomach used to be. It wasn't very comfortable having the petrol tank under it. Since then, have lost 202 pounds (14 stone 6 pounds).

If I had a licence, I would be on it right now.

biketx.jpg
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    one of the attorneys I work for saw me walking up the hall and yelled out "hey! you're shrinking!" MADE MY MORNING!!!:smile:
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did half of the P90X Shoulders and Arms workout last night and I was able to do chair dips with one leg fully extended and the other raised in the air, while talking! Now I can't wait to exercise again!
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Mine are all clothes related. I've been putting off getting new clothes because season change is coming, and why buy something that I'm going to shrink out of? Well, I ordered some shorts because I know the ones I wore in the past will be too big, and the size 14s I ordered all fit. And one pair I mistakenly ordered in a 12 will fasten, but they're a little tight to wear out in public. I'm confident that once shorts weather rolls around, I'll be able to wear them.

And my spring jacket looks like total crud on me - it was a 2XL, and looked like a sack. So my husband and I went to find another one. I would have bought the large, but he had me try on the medium. It's a little snug around the hips, but it zips. And as he said, "It will fit for more than 6 months." (He knows I want to lose almost 60 more pounds.) I haven't worn a medium anything since probably freshman year of high school!
  • wstreet8110
    Options
    My NSV for 11Apr13...I've walked everyday for the past 5 days ~~ 4 miles. For motivation, I've been going to the thrift store and buying a size smaller pair of jeans...when I was wearing 48...I bought 46...when I fit the 46...I bought 44...when I fit 44...I bought 42...thats were I'm at right now...and the beautiful thing about it is that the 42's, although just a "tad" snugg (for now)...fit...guess I'll be going to find a pair of 40's in the VERY NEAR FUTURE...Life is GOOD!!!
  • doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's a little thing, but I've had to tighten my belt one notch.
  • Jewles1285
    Jewles1285 Posts: 119
    Options
    My NSV for 4/11/13, ive gotten several compliments from co workers about how great i am looking and how beautiful i am! What an ego boost!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!