Weight Tickers...Why Did You Pick "Wt to Go" or "Wt Lost"?

Options
2»

Replies

• Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did use my starting weight with MFP when I first created a ticker but then I changed it to my highest weight ever since I had lost some weight before joining. I started by showing how much I had lost but, since I have over 100 pounds to lose, it was depressing to see such a huge way to go and I would get discouraged. Now I changed it to pounds to go. I also changed it to indicate I had 50 pounds to lose. When I get to 50 pounds, I will increase my goal by 10 pounds to 60 pounds and aim for that. This way I am getting small victories all the time and I don't look at the ticker and see over 100 pounds looming in my future. Works for me :D
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Another reason I do the weight lost...because what my "goal weight" is varies depending on my body fat percentage. In the past when my body fat has been low 14%, I actually gained about 5 lbs in muscle. So I adjust my goal weight each week, although it usually doesn't vary that much, based on my current body fat percentage. While I'd love to do the workouts that got me to 14% previously, they're time consuming, & I don't always have the time for more than cardio. But I try. So a healthy weight for me at 20% body fat, is different than 14%, but I DO know that at more than 20% I do NOT feel healthy.
  • CountryStrongNicole
    CountryStrongNicole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would have to say it is the best reminder of how far I have come. Specially when I sit at a plateau like I have been for the last 6 weeks and get frustrated. I made it this far... I can keep going.

I think there is also inspiration for others with it... how many times do you just look at the big number on the ticker? I know it was motivation to see others with their totals lost in front of me. It gave me an if they can... I can attitude.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You do a countdown to something you are looking forward to. Well that's how i work plus i like seeing the numbers decrease (like my weight).
    I'm a to go girl.xx
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you had a choice?? lol
  • FatTo4everFine
    FatTo4everFine Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm using "lbs to go" because I love watching my numbers shrink with me.
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wt to Go keeps me on track....most of the time !!
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I chose "weight lost" because I'd rather celebrate my accomplishment than worry about what's left to achieve... at least when it comes to weight loss! This may be a healthy attitude for me to work on in other areas of my life. :flowerforyou:
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I'm halfing it.

Pounds lost, at the beginning, then converting to pounds to go at the halfway mark.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I personally chose "Weight Lost," because sometimes I can be so busy looking at what I still need to do, that I forget to CELEBRATE what I've already done. I've also told MFP friends to change their starting weight to their highest weight, so the ticker reflects that. Even if you lost weight before you joined MFP, doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate it.
    Same as you. When I first joined, I used my weight at that point. Once I figured out how to do it, I immediately changed in to my highest weight to reflect/celebrate what I accomplished in the 5 months prior to joining. Next month or so, I'll probably switch to "Weight to Go" for the final countdown to goal.

*Edited to correct spelling
  • blueluck
    blueluck Posts: 4
    Options
    I prefer seeing what I have achieved and feel good about it rather than worrying about how much more work I need to do to loose the remaining weight.

I personally prefer having a weight graph showing my entered weight on regular interval. More insightful for others to see how weight fluctuates and plateau for other people as well.