Just Joined!!

Options
Hello all! I was referred to this site by a co-worker! I love it already. I am a previous WW success, but have since gained back about half of the 50 lbs I lost 3 years ago. I started to rejoin WW, but decided I was not going to pay for information that I already knew. Look forward being able to track my food and exercise without having to pay for it.

Replies

• SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good Luck very helpful site
  • verilla
    verilla Posts: 13
    Options
    I too went to WW, but not with huge success, but I did shell out the bucks!! I found that everyone talked about food, eating food, cooking food, sharing food, recipes, more recipes, tips with food and more tips with food.

I know about the food. I know myself. But what I struggle with, ongoing, is developing an active lifestyle in combination with monitoring my caloric intake.

That is why I love this site!

Good luck to you in all your efforts,
  • wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    this is a great site, good luck with your goals
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was on WW for years on and off. It did not work for me anymore mostly because at one time, I cared about what the leader would say if I gained,. Then, I just stopped caring what they thought...kinda went downhill from there...and wasted a lot of $. The only thing I dont like about this...is there are no meetings, but besides that, it's better...counts more nutrients than WW...why pay?!
  • EGio
    EGio Posts: 4
    Options
    Good for you! Good luck! I just joined and finished my day one and already feel so empowered! :-)
  • Natalie7227
    Options
    I was on WW for years on and off. It did not work for me anymore mostly because at one time, I cared about what the leader would say if I gained,. Then, I just stopped caring what they thought...kinda went downhill from there...and wasted a lot of $. The only thing I dont like about this...is there are no meetings, but besides that, it's better...counts more nutrients than WW...why pay?!

I also was on WW as well and it only worked to a certain point. The other aspect of there meetings that I did not like is that they spoke about all the treats they could eat at a lower point value and I felt that they should of talked more about healthy meals but they did not. They didn't really even push exercise all that much as well so I believe this website gives you way more than WW can give you and it is FREE. So far I'm on Day #13 and kicking some hiney and really I am being taught not to weigh myself but to take my body fat level every month and measure myself every month. I will take away the scale as soon as I'm confident but for the beginning I will be weighing myself only once a week for this website.
  • adunkin22
    adunkin22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was on WW too. It was such an emotional rollercoaster to go to those meetings and not feel successful if you didn't lose 5lbs like some other lucky girl did. I just joined this site too. Let's hope this works out for us! Good luck to you (:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i am currently on WW and i am having success but its slow and steady. i agree I dont like to pay for it but our group leader must be special because she does talk about getting up and moving as well as the women in our group that have lost lots of weight. They are telling their tales about how getting up and moving has helped them feel better and not to mention got those weight losses up there! Although there are those few people that will talk about their weight gains and the reasons why they gained and I just get so annoyed. I want to say SHUT UP! No one wants to hear all that negative talk. We all know why we gained weight so either get it together or quit wasting your time. UGH anyway! I wish you all the best and I love MFP its the best support website I have ever came across. Spread the word!