seriously think I am quitting this!

Options

Replies

• marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Had a horrible day! One of my employees who was also a personal friend has been caught stealing off me. My business has lost £900 this month.

Spent all day rowing with people...in stinking mood.

Have been bingeing non stop from noon.

Think this is over....never going to lose weight....will have to save my pennies for a gastric band instead
    I of course will tell you not to give up either. We do all have bad days but there is something else that you have to deal with and that is the loss of someone you thought was your friend. That's the toughest part of your posting. Sadly they were not really a friend or they couldn't steal from you. so...........pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back to work on you. Good luck and I'm sorry about this person hurting you.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You will make it, the way I do it with days like that is go to the gym and picture the problem so I can focus on my work out.... hard to start but the results are priceless..
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Please don't quit! I know you feel bad right now, but if you quit completely you will feel worse. We all have bad days, but have to stick to our goal and get back up on our feet. I recently read this quote that may help you:

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
    - Marilyn Vos Savant-

Good luck on your continued success.
  • litaward92
    Options
    PLease, whatever you think about dont think about quitting. Think about how you can turn that hate and fustration to burn calories and to show people you are better than those who have tried to take from you. The surgery is not the easy way out it will be harder, you will have to take time out of your night and they tell you not to loose weight. How much can you loose in 6 months maybe 10-50 pounds but your dropping weight and in a healthy slow manner. I want to see everyone all over the world loose weight. I am tired of being obese and tired of hearing excuses. So please do not give up please keep pushing to loose the weight.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Well, today you have learned something about yourself. It's easy to fall off the bandwagon when there's a major stressor in your life, like a personal betrayal! Get back up, stop the binge, and start over. Maybe in the future, make sure that you have healthy food prepared and ready to go so you don't reach for the binge foods.

But get back up. Now.

Read this over and over and over!

You know what you're doing is bad and you do have control over it! This is a horrible day for you and I'm really sorry all of this has happened. So chalk it up to a day off and get right back on track tomorrow. You already know this of course but life can be pretty tough from time to time. Do you just give up when that happens? No, of course not! You have some chocolate, maybe have a good cry then think about how to proceed.

DO NOT GIVE UP! You may struggle for a bit while you muddle through this issue but you don't give up. Even if you eat 3000 calories, you still log it and maybe get some exercise in because it will help with the stress - try some kickboxing, the punching and kicking is very therapeutic! :) You may even gain back a few pounds. Ok, that sucks too but you're still not giving up. When things calm back down and life gets close to normal then you work a little harder on the eating right and exercising and start losing again. But you never give up!

Do it for your health, not a number on the scale. And being healthy means eating healthynd getting regular activity. And that's even more important to do when you're under stress and strain. Take care of yourself!
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It's interesting how different people react to stress. A good female friend of mine has just gone through a very stressful breakup and she lost a good 20 lbs without trying simply because she had no appetite. Others tend to go straight to the fridge when stressed. Maybe tackling the physiological issue of "stress = food" is the key. Just thinking out loud.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    gastric bypass won't help you will have to still learn how to manage your eating and work out habits.
  • nil8r
    nil8r Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having to deal with the stress of employee theft and I get that you don't feel like you have anything left to be able to focus on weight loss. I would encourage you not to give up!

Echoing some of the other recommendations, it's important to develop a game plan for when these stress triggers happen. Don't focus on perfection. Instead, focus on one small success for that day - one food substitution you can make, a 10 minute walk to calm down or unwind, an activity or hobby you spent time on instead of watching TV. Whatever makes the most sense given your lifestyle and circumstances.

For me, it really helps if I stock healthier options in the house so that I am prepared when I get home late, tired, stressed and want to reach for the cookies. Write down a small list of favorite treats, figure out what is it that appeals - salty, sweet, crunchy, etc. and see if you can find a better substitute that's healthier but still satisfies the craving. That's what you'll want to try to keep on hand.

Good luck!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, read the message that came with it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You can't control what others do. Does that mean that they should be able to control you. By giving up, you are letting these negative things and people in your life take control. Even if there is nothing you can do about them, you can remove them from your life entirely. If you just have too much going on to stay on track, it's okay to take a break. But try to find another outlet for your stress other than bingeing. You could exercise or if you have some talents, express yourself. Or maybe just finding someone you can talk to help you.

You are strong and capable and you can handle this. There is no race to the finish line for fitness goals. The only way you could really fail is if you just give up.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    gastric bypass won't help you will have to still learn how to manage your eating and work out habits.

Yep. Looking beyond the behavior. Binges aren't the problem, it's what triggers them. You have to find the core problem and solve it. Maybe developing healthier coping mechanisms.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Had a horrible day! One of my employees who was also a personal friend has been caught stealing off me. My business has lost £900 this month.

Think this is over....never going to lose weight....will have to save my pennies for a gastric band instead

Good, with a losing attitude like that, good luck with your gastric bypass goals of 2013
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Huh, Really? That's it, your going to let how other people treat you effect your entire life? Saving Pennies for Gastric Bypass... you do realize it will be just as hard once you get the surgery as it is now without the surgery.. you will still have life obstacles in your way, you will still have ignorant dumbfuccs that ruin your life, you will still have to PUSH hard, and live through it.. Don't let them control you.. Take that frustration out on the pavement!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    it's a bad day, everyone has a bad day... Go to gym to relieve some stress and maybe do some yoga either in the morning or evening before bed, helps a ton :)
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What on earth does your friend stealing from you have to do with your weight??? :noway:

By the time you have saved for, had and recovered from gastric band surgery you could have lost the weight naturally and in a far healthier way.

Maybe you should do that and donate your thousands to some children or animals who are starving, far better use of your money.
  • heroinnchic
    Options
    DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE'S FAULTS AND PROBLEMS CREATE ONE IN YOU!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :drinker:
  • kjcripe123
    kjcripe123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As someone who had the band - and 5 years later had it removed and am now doing mfp because a problem with the band almost cost me my life - please stick with this. or take a break and come back when you are ready. nothing, even the band, works if you are not ready. Good luck!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Yeah, risk your life with an unnecessary surgery instead of getting healthy. That'll show 'em. omg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Yes, that sounds like a solid well thought out plan with a 100% chance of long term success.
  • gparks
    gparks Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOO!!!! Don't give up, you can do this. I have been on and off MFP but this time I think I got it. We have to be consistent and keep it going. We may have a bad day, but tomorrow is a chance to do it over and get it right. If we give up we don't give ourselves a chance to complete this journey. Not long along I said that I was going to give up and thanks to MFP Friends I am still at it. It's going slower than I wanted but it's going. HANG IN THERE AND FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!