Women in early 30's who are SUCCESSFULLY losing weight?

Options

Replies

• stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, married, 2 kids, full-time job, volunteer, and somehow find time to work out too. Lol! I gained some weight after my 2 kids and I'm working hard on getting back to a healthy BF% though eating well and exercising. Feel free to add me!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 35 and I started at 208 on Jan 2, 2013. Down to 179.4 right now! My first goal is 170 or less by vegas (the end of may) And my second goal is 155 pounds. I might want to lose more wont be sure until I get there.
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am 30, married, have 3 kids and have lost 38lbs so far. It has been hard work and up and downs but I finally figured out what works for me and what doesn't. I still have another 50-60 I want to lose but I am happy with the 38lbs so far. Feel free to add me as a friend or anyone else :D
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and just starting tracking my weight again. Does anyone have any successful food plans? I usually eat under my calories but am not seeing the weight come off. And I could use some friends!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm 34. I am down 25lbs with about 50 more to go. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am 31 and am almost there. On the home stretch now. Mother of 2 and i work part time. Feel free to add me xxx
  • Lovely_at_any_size
    Lovely_at_any_size Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and have lost 18 pounds since starting in the begining of January. Plus I quit smoking at the same time. If you would like you can add me.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and since last year I've lost 20ish lbs...for the last 2-3 months my weight has sort of stayed the same. But I've also started strength training. The numbers aren't going down, but my clothes have gotten crazy loose and I've got muscles now!
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm 33. Lost between 11 and 15lbs so far, depending on the day. I'm doing the 5:2 Fasting Diet. Feel free to friend request me if you would like to.

*Forgot to mention that I've been doing the diet for about a month and a week.
  • lilteepot
    lilteepot Posts: 97
    Options
    Am 33. Started at the very tail end of July with 130 to lose. Have lost 50 so far. Never going back. It's painfully slow after the first stall, but that's to be expected, and you just have to keep plugging away. Best of luck!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm 32. Started gaining weight slowly after college, then lost 35 pounds before my wedding at 26. Slowly gained it back and more after the wedding :( Started losing weight this go around in November 2011 and lost 70 pounds in 11 months then maintained for the rest of 2012. I have been very lax in 2013 and gained 30 of those 70 back, so now my ticker reads 40 lost. But I'm back on track and logging every day again! Anyone who wants is welcome to add me!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, and started this back in I think Oct 2012. I was doing OK, and then gained a lot over the holidays, and then maintained for what seemed like the LONGEST time, but it was just a few months.
    I have changed my calorie intake from 1200 to 1300 to 1400 to 1350, and now to 1510. The latest number I got from the TDEE - 20% which is working out much better for me.
    My weight finally started to move in the right direction!

I also started working out every day so I expect my weight to do weird things for a few weeks, before stabilizing and then dropping. :smile:
    Feel free to add! I like new friends. :bigsmile:
  • starcrost79
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 33 and have been on MFP since 11/26/12. I'm down just under 45 pounds so far! Feel free to add me. :o)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    34. Have an 8mo old. I did not workout the whole preg, gained 40lbs and am just now back to pre-preg weight. Started working out 2mos ago again. Trying to get rid of the skinnyfat.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was 30 when I first started losing (feb 2010). in the last 2 years, I have lost almost 40 lbs, gotten down to 125lbs, am fitter than ever, and training for my 2nd half marathon. I have the metabolism of a teenage boy now.

I think the key for me was changing my eating. I eat 90-95% clean now. And running! I have come to looooove it. I try to log about 75 miles a month

Feel free to add me too
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 35 and I started at 208 on Jan 2, 2013. Down to 179.4 right now! My first goal is 170 or less by vegas (the end of may) And my second goal is 155 pounds. I might want to lose more wont be sure until I get there.
    We are very similar. I am 34, started at 217 in March 2012. I am down to 175.8 right now. My most current short term goal is 170 or less by Punta Cana (middle of May), and my ultimate goal weight is 135 lbs.
    Feel free to add me!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    33 and lost 26 ish lbs between last May and Feb. Stayed at maintenance until April 1st when I decided to do a trial "bulk" cycle to gain some lean mass. Yep, I'm trying to gain weight right now, but come May 1st I'll be back to the "cut" cycle to lean back down to around 20% body fat. It is possible to be successful even in our 30's. We just need to be patient and keep at it. I'm always open to friend requests.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I'm 31 - lost quite a bit so far. Was easier in my 20's
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 with a host of metabolism issues :\. I've lost 18lbs in 3 months but its starting to seem like I plateau for a few weeks and lose a couple then, it has def slowed down. My diary is open if you or anyone wants to add me (just send a message please!)