When you just *gotta* have chocolate...

Options

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate protein brownies and keep them in the fridge. They are perfect when you want a treat!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    A square of chocolate will fit into my calories. Just gotta find a good bar and remember only to eat what I can fit into my daily goals. =)
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    fruit dipped in chocolate...strawberries....pears...............or Lindor truffle balls under 80 calories....it's all in portion control...don't ever deprive yourself, I find it leads to binging.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hershey's Special Dark minis. They are 45 calories each.
    yup
  • PaulaMog
    PaulaMog Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't know if it'll help, but when I've really gotta have chocolate I have a Cadbury's Freddo (UK), and only if I can be bothered to walk round the shop to get it. Otherwise I have a big bowl of honey dew melon and red seedless grapes. I do eat chocolate every week, on a Friday evening, with a bag of Quavers. Boy do I look forward to Fridays :-) Just don't keep any in the house, that way if you really want some you have to go get it.
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate and peanut butter protein shake every day, I also eat chcolate most days just a small amount.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm on a cut it out for a month challenge, so didn't snack on the Easter goodies after Easter. First week was tough, this week easier. Was craving some yesterday so had an options low ccalorie hot chocolate. Was lovely and filled the gap! I'm already finding things sweeter since cutting it out. Depends if you can limit, but I think relying on it daily is never good with anything. I'll add it back in when I'm comfortable I can have it here and there and not be a habit again!

Zara
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    one square hershys special dark dipped in peanut butter:0)
  • elm57
    elm57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love the Green and Black's!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate often as well.. I had some yesterday. Extra dark with blueberries and almonds. mmmm.. Can also try the choclate protein bars or shakes.. i'm trying to get away from them, but they might work for you :)

Dark chocolate and red wine is doctor reccommened for women to be healthy.. Just eat a square or two of the chocolate.. i don't beleive in limiting the health benefits of wine.. (or the color for that matter.. lol)

Doctors orders :drinker:
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    My afternoon snack lately is Peanut Butter and Company's Dark Chocolate Dreams (1 tablespoon) spread between two Ry Krisp Natural crackers.
  • Bberl
    Bberl Posts: 32
    Options
    I eat jello or pudding. It fills me up!
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    2 options...

1) sounds psychological. Get over it.

2) have some chocolate or whatever, just find a way to balance it with other foods so you hit your calorie and macro goals for the day.
    i agree. sounds like a habit. cause i just HAD to have a soda when i went out to eat..... now i HAVE to have water. its so nice and refreshing. just habits we have to force ourselves to overcome. i still eat chinese food, but (which is why its taken me 5 months to lose 10 lbs) but i dont feel depressed about it. and i dont eat it every day. and i feel more motivated to stay on track when i can have stuff i want to enjoy. i feel more motivated to keep going and be better even if it is taking forever long. but i dont mind. i usually like the scenc route ;-)
  • elm57
    elm57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I keep Enjoy Life chips or mega chunks--a vegan substitute. They are great! Just measure or weigh your portion. Don't eat out of the bag :)
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    If you look in the candy aisle, you can usually find chocolate sticks (hershey's), that are about 55-60 cals each. It's small but enough to kill a craving. Also to consider in the diabetic foods area is 50/50 chocolate, which is pretty rich and tasty. A whole bar can last several days because it is so rich, you only need a few squares at a time.
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think the answer is for me anyway ... a small piece of whatever type of chocolate that satisfies YOU. Yes, dark chocolate is healthier but if you don't love it, it won't do you any good having a small piece of it. It will still leave you craving the type of chocolate that you want. This weight loss journey is a marathon not a sprint. Eat healthy every day but include a small piece of chocolate. It's SO worth it and the finish line will still be in sight. Great luck to you! :happy:
  • skinnygirl100100
    Options
    Weight Watchers chocolate digestives 51 cals each!! they are really sweet and do the trick!! ;-)
  • adriannamgonzalez
    adriannamgonzalez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have one square of Dove dark chocolate almost daily, only 28 cals.
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate hershey's kisses..... yummmmm!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate-peanut protein drink daily no guilt there.

Make your own hot cocoa.

Cocoa powder cinnamon or mint water with stevia. 20 cals of deliciousness. :drinker: