Ready for the oncoming swarm?

Options
13»

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I saw some dirt mounds today that are an indicator that they are ready to come up soon...uh oh! I'm not ready for this! :sad: lol
  • Jdkrupnick
    Options
    They were not too bad in Northern NJ in 1996 supposedly the rockier the ground the less of them you'll see but what do I know.
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    This makes me happy that I live in Canada... I dont think I would be able to handle that
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Iccccck! Are there fewer in urban settings???
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    In Jamaica we have crickets so if it's any thing like that, now that I'm in DC I hope they stay away..
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    PHEW!! looks like I'm way way to far upstate NY to be freaked out by them!! of course, since its still snowing maybe they'd just freeze to death anyway :laugh:
  • ShareenCrosby
    Options
    Feeling very lucky to live in California right now. I have an aversion to plagues.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I love cicadas! I'm in the DC Metro area and the last huge cicada infestation was in 2004 so I'm looking forward to it. I have a picture of one sitting on my finger. My daughter is still not over the trauma! lol
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    As long as they bring beer and chips they'll be cool with me
  • greenihlonde
    Options

I love them! The sound, the way their wings look & the cool carcass left behind. I believe their is someplace that makes jewelry out of the wings.

I like them too. I think they're relaxing.
    I haven't seen jewelry made from the wings but I found a pin once made from copper plating one of their left over exoskeletons. I bought it for a friend who collects cicada stuff.

I like 'em!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Those are the creepiest bugs EVER!
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm having heart palpitations just thinking about it. I have a horrible hear of bugs and of course I'm in Jersey, right where it's supposed to be bad! :sad: