Thursday NSV (Non Scale Victory) Thread

Options

Replies

• reginadelmundo
    Options
    One of my students (who is still learning English) told me, "You look skin!" It took me a few moments to realize that she meant "skinny." Haha!
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was changing clothes after work yesterday and talking to my husband, he started laughing at me because in my haste I took my pants off without unbuttoning them... but they came right off!!

Then this morning I was walking through the house and realized that I couldn't hear my jeans rubbing together... which means my legs aren't rubbing together anymore! I'm getting a shape again!!
  • Jarredgautreaux
    Jarredgautreaux Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old son saw me jogging on the threadmill the other night and asked me if i was exercising, i told him yeah, and then he give me a thumbs up and said "good job daddy".
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My dad is going to pick me up to take me to work tomorrow and asked if I wanted McDonalds breakfast. I said yes, added roughly what I'm planning on eating tomorrow and text him back to tell him I didn't want breakfast! I don't think I have ever done that in my whole entire life. Man porridge is going to suck tomorrow... but I did it!
  • webutmirrortheworld
    webutmirrortheworld Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I bench pressed 80 pounds for the first time in my life. :) I'm so excited!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    welp. my scale hates me, so all I got are nsv's :ohwell:

I seem to be narrowing my center of gravity. I look smaller, though the scale is going up & on a whim, I bought a grumpy cat shirt online in Junior's XL and it freakin' fit!!!!! :drinker: YAY MEEEeeee!!!

I was able to wear a pair of pj's that I couldn't before.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Way to go EVERYBODY!!! You are all awesome!!
  • simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I needed to tighten the waist on my Ergo carrier to carry my 19 month old on the walk yesterday! Scale and i are fighting these days, but I have stuck to good food choices for 8.5 weeks and it is a lifestyle change regardless of what the scale says!!!
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It is a "no elevator" day for me! I wore my flats to work and am only taking the stairs. I have to take "breathing" breaks on 7 floors and higher, but still stayiing out of the elevators! :smokin:
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    We had 2 days here this week where the weather finally hit 65 degrees. I wanted to get out some capris to where to work and NONE of them fit. They were all too big...a lot too big. I wasn't willing to fold the waist over becuase they were too big everywhere. I ended up in a dress that I haven't been able to wear for a few years! Wearing the dress is nice but it stinks not having pants that fit! LOL
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Regarding moving your belt over a notch -- That is NOT a "little" thing!! That is PROGRESS!!! Waytogo!
  • charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    2 NSVs for me this week even though the scale isn't moving much
    Bought 2 pair of capris a while back - one that were quite snug (size 10) but I would be that size once spring comes and the other a goal size (size 8).. We'll the size 10 were pretty baggy and the 8 looked just fine (Liz Clayborne must run big 'cuz can't believe I'm a 8)

Ribs - not the BBQ kind but the kind you can feel when you rub your sides!
    [/quote
    :flowerforyou:
    Surprise! Liz Clayborne DOES NOT RUN LARGE! They run true to size. Congratulations!!
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a shock today. Unfortunately, I never did a before pic and should have done. I like to see my progress how I look on my Brothers Harley bike.

I have just taken this pic and the yellow line is where my stomach used to be. It wasn't very comfortable having the petrol tank under it. Since then, have lost 202 pounds (14 stone 6 pounds).

If I had a licence, I would be on it right now.

biketx.jpg

WOW, great NSV!!! Congrats..
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I jogged down the drive in shorts at home to open the gate for hubby and he just kept going on and on about the nice muscles in my legs. I told him, "Thank you, I had been working on them" and he says, "It shows."
    I even got a compliment from my brother about my calves and he NEVER compliments anyone.
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My NSV is food related. Went with hubby today to Costco. By the end of the trip I was ravenous. I had eaten a light breakfast and already run, and forgot to grab some fruit before leaving the house. I whipped out the MFP app and started looking up calories of food in the area. Food court, Five Guys, Which Wich and when my husband said, "well, what do you want?" My answer, I'd really rather hurry home and eat something healthy. Yeah!

Oh and I have finished both the 30 day Shred and Ripped in 30. Started the Body Revolution yesterday and found it kind of easy.

Thanks, everyone for sharing, as my weight loss is painfully slow and your NSV carry me through.
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Last week I felt like I couldn' see any results from the weight loss so far and I was starting to get down on myself a little. So on Monday I went to my hairdresser and cut off 6 inches of my hair (for my 20lb reward). Finally I can tell that I have really lost some weight. NSV....many compliments from coworker :) Happy Thursday all!
  • jaznon
    jaznon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's great! I can't wait until I have that experience. :)

My NSV is that I have gotten up early every day this week and exercised before work! So very proud of myself! I didn't get to this morning because something unexpected came up but I plan on making up for it after work!

Congrats to everyone for all of your NSVs!!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    yay everyone! these are all really exciting and encouraging!

i've really been trying hard this week to hit my macros, and i've been doing a lot better than in the past! i was so stuck on calories before that i hardly even noticed the other numbers! i'm so glad i've gotten away from that mindset and started focusing on other things. AND i love my new protein powders and i have been enjoying finding new ways to incorporate them into my food. all of my experiments have been successful thus far!

i've also been trying to do new things at the gym. i am working against getting into a comfortable routine, i want to work hard and challenge my body with new things! i'm doing a lot better at getting out of my comfort zone. and it's been paying off! i'm seeing and feeling new muscle definition/tightness!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I keep reaching down to rest my hand on my belly (apparently a habit I have developed since the belly popped up and didn't even realize I did until today, lovely), and the belly isn't where I expect it to be. It's SHRINKING!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    my hubby texted me yesterday - Wow! Gym at 5 am! Now that's dedication - nsv

He is picking up on our lingo!!! LOL :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!