C25K NSV

Options
I've been doing the C25K program off and on while doing regular dvd workouts. We just moved to a neighborhood a couple weeks ago where I can really do the running regularly. I've been stuck on week 4 doing the jog 5 mins and jog 3 min intervals. I couldn't do the 5 minute ones usually. Well I decided to move on to week 5 and just try it. I was able to do all of the running intervals which were all 5 minutes! After the regular workout I added another 6 minute jog.

I felt so great afterwards like I smashed through a brick wall or something. Next workout is jogging for 8 minutes. :)

Replies

• famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I have feared almost every new day of the C25K. Now that I'm building confidence in that (wk6), I'm getting nervous about running outside. But one day at a time, right?? PS. There is a c25k group on here that has been a lifesaver for me if you're interested.
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Really? I'll have to look for that! I realized that I've got my breathing down. It's my legs that feel like they are going to give out so I just tried my best to ignore my legs and focus on relaxing my upper body and breathing. I tend to tense up which makes it harder on myself.
  • lahalab
    lahalab Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am, what is it called?
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Here's the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

I did a seach in the groups for c25k and there were a ton of groups that came up, but I think this one is the primary one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!