Do you sleep in on the weekends or take naps?

Options

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I get up between 6:30 and 7 every single day, including the weekends.
    I don't want to mess with my sleeping schedule too much. I find that sleeping and getting up at regular times helps me sleep better and I feel way less tired for it.
    I don't nap either, don't need it.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I wake up early Monday through Friday for the gym (4am or 5am depending where I am) so on the weekends I "sleep in" til 8 or 8:30am then get up and since it's nice out, go for a run (winter time I'd hit the gym). Depending on what's going on, sometimes I take a nap but if my boyfriend and I are busy, then I don't
  • nskerr
    nskerr Posts: 91
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 M-F. I would sleep in on weekends if I could but with kids and their activities it is tough. I am lucky if I can stay in bed until 8. Usually 7:30. However I love my naps. After running around all morning usually around 2 or 3 I get back, put the tv on and doze on and off for 1-2 hours. I think it started way back in college staying out till all hours, getting up for class and then coming back to my dorm and going to bed for 1-2 hours before dinner. Love the naps.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Sleep's the cousin of death for me. I will only take naps if I accidentally fall asleep when I finally sit down somewhere.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I'm up before 5 M-F...on the weekend, I'm lucky if my body will stay asleep past 6, so yes! I love me some weekend naps when I can get them! Especially if it's raining :heart:

THis :smile:
  • reginadelmundo
    Options
    Sleeping in feels like such a waste of time! A nap, on the other hand, doesn't. I don't know why.
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I take naps, I have to take naps the only time I can go to the gym is at 8 at night or later, so I need a nap so I will have the energy to sweat :).
    Plus when I'm not working or cleaning the house I'm playing with my two year old, she really wears me out, but I love it.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i don't have the luxury of sleeping in or taking naps on the weekends.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My sleeping schedule is based on my classes and what times they start at... On days that I don't have classes I can sleep for 8-9 hours then my body wakes up. What time I wake up is based on what time I go to bed! In all honesty, I take more naps now than I probably ever have in my life :blushing:

Life of the university student!
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    naps FTW!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love naps! I wish I was better at sleeping in but I'm not.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Shoot on the weekends I can sleep until 2! I'm a really heavy sleeper too so once I'm out, I'm hard to wake up. I couldn't even tell you how many alarms I've slept through. Now the fiance has to turn on the light and shake my legs and let the dog jump on me. I can still usually sleep through a good chunk of that. hahaha
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I always have intensions on sleeping in but hardly ever do. If I do maybe til like 8 or 9. Naps? Eh once in great great while?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I sleep in. Napping always makes me groggy for the rest of the day.
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am up between 5-6 M-F and typically can make it between 6-7 on the weekends. I can only nap if I really run myself ragged early in the morning on the weekends but usually if I'm up, I'm up. I do try to maintain about 7 hours of sleep per night and that keeps me pretty lively.
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do both. lol. I have a very active 15 month old. I sleep in until about 1 or 2, then i still take a nap around 7 or 8, then Im still able to go to bed at around 1 or 2 ish
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Yes to sleep ins and naps! I love a nana nap!

(I also get up at 6am all week, and I stay up too late too)
  • jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    LOVE naps! The are definitely something I look forward to on my days off...I think napping was something I really started to love during college. And you are totally not the only adult who loves to nap-I know many fellow nap lovers :smile:
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I do both. I like to sleep in as long as I can and if it's an extremely lazy day I'll end up taking a nap, too. I think it's just that on lazy days I don't get up and moving around enough so I'm pretty lethargic. On days that I go out and do things and run errands I'm less likely to take a nap.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I sleep in on weekends only because I often don't get to bed until 3-4am cuz I'm so happy to have a couple of hours to do whatever!

Naps... I rarely take them deliberately, but there are 2 chairs at home (1 rocking recliner and 1 big ol' fluffy chair-and-a-half) that will knock me the *kitten* out REAL quick... two times! The funny thing is that I have matching rocking recliners next to each other but only 1 does that! I only sit in that one as a last resort for insomnia! I think it has something to do with accupressure points on my back or something... <puts on 'conspiracy theorist' hat>