What's wrong with me???

Options
2»

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I didn't read everyone's answers but one thing kept coming to mind. Are you cutting out all the foods you love and when you can't take it anymore then you revert back? I don't know, just asking. I am 62 and have not cut out anything that I really love to eat. I just have smaller portions. Yes, I have bad days and some of the MFPers would call me "UNCLEAN" because of what I eat. I do try to stay in my calorie allotment and I am eating healthier foods. Even though my wagon has gotten a flat tire sometimes I have not totally fallen off. Don't be too hard on yourself. This is a great place to be.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with you at all. It's a journey - a lifestyle change. If it was easy, we would all be size 2 and toned. I HATE HATE HATE that I've allowed myself to gain this much weight - and I hate that every pound I lose, I seem to gain 2 back. But this is all on me.

I know that I'm an emotional eater. I haven't found a way to change that - yet. And I love junk food. Bad combo.

I am very good during the week while I'm at work because I pack my lunches - but on the weekends it's almost like I forget to be good and I give myself an excuse to be terrible.

Just look at this as a bump in the road and let's get back on track together!!! *hugs*
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're a failure or that there's anything wrong with you. I think you're wonderfully human -- and brave to ask for the help you need. You will find lots of support here. And a good therapist might help you work through any issues that are holding you back from being the person you want to be and living the life you want to live. Big hugs! Best of luck to you!
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yes, try to think it's a life style change. Some days are harder than others for me too. I'm sorry.. Just try to hang onto the support!
  • cbm1951
    cbm1951 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their input. I am trying soooo hard to get back on track. I haven't completely given up all my "bad" foods as for me, if I do, there is no way I can do this. I do try to eat them in moderation. I don't have my diary open to the public because I am afraid of any negativity that might be thrown my way. I know HOW to do this, it's just DOING IT!!!

I have so much to lose and I think that is what is in the back of my mind...but then I see others lose as much as I have to lose and think that if they can do it, I can too. I know my health issues (bad knees, collapsed ankle bone, bone spurs, etc...etc...won't name them all) have a lot to do with me losing as fast as others, so I will have to settle for 1 or 2 pounds a week. They say the slower you lose it, the better....but I have never been known for having patience. LOL!!!

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I need all the support I can get!!!