Chicken Breast Recipes

Options
briteyes1002
briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
OK

I have 5 chicken breast left over and I dont know what to do with them. I already made chicken chili and chicken stew and shake n bake chicken and last night make chicken kabobs- yummy

So any ideas.. I need something simple yet tasty... :)

Replies

• melweso
    melweso Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You could bake them, shred them, add a little salt and pepper and a little BBQ sauce and put on small sandwich buns.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Add BBQ to make pulled chicken sandwiches.
    Make a small batch of chicken pot pie.
    Chicken salad sandwhiches
    Chicken and rice
    Chicken noodle soup
    Chicken Stir fry
    Chicken parmigiana
    Cut up chicken, simmer in oil of choice (walnut, olive, sunflower, sesame, etc..) and use it to top a salad.

Or if you feel up to it you could make stuffed chicken breast :

http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/stuffed-chicken-breast/results.do

Or maybe even Chicken Cordon Bleu

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Cordon-Bleu-I/

There is so much you can do with chicken :)
  • khowlett1
    khowlett1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite... found it on here a few months back and it is a hit with the whole family.

Mexican Crockpot Creamy Chicken

Ingredients:
    1lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I put mine in frozen)
    1/2 cup of salsa
    1 bag frozen sweet corn
    1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can of Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilies
    Chili Powder
    S&P
    1/2 block of cream cheese (I use 1/3 fat free)
    1 small onion diced

Directions:
    Put chicken in crock pot and cover with all ingredients except for cream cheese.
    Add in chili powder and S & P to taste. I sprinkle it all on the top and add more later if needed.
    Cook for 3-4 hours on high, 7-8 hours on low.
    Shred the chicken and mix it all in along with the cream cheese until melted. Let cook for another 15-20 minutes until heated through.
    Serve over rice or in tortillas as tacos/burritos.
    I usually top it with some shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.

Makes 6 Servings.
    181 Calories per serving 24 Carbs 2 Fat 17 Protein 5 Fiber
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I like this recipe for Baked Honey Mustard Chicken. Instead of microwaving the onions in butter (!), I just saute them in a little olive oil.

http://busycooks.about.com/od/chickenbreastrecipes/r/bakedhoneymustardchicken.htm
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Chicken parm, chicken cordon bleu, chicken stuffed/rolled with pretty much anything you want, bacon wrapped chicken, crockpot pulled chicken, chicken enchiladas, pretzel crusted chicken ( :wink: ) , etc.
  • Jwwaller66
    Options
    Check out Brandon's blog. The recipes look difficult but they are not.

Here is his stuffed chicken breast recipe. (The second time I made it I added spinach to the cheese mixture but it was good both ways).

Brandon's Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients:

8 - 5oz Chicken Breasts
    15oz container of Low Fat Ricotta Cheese
    2Tbsp minced Garlic
    5 baby Portabella Mushrooms
    1tsp chopped Rosemary
    4oz Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 jar of Ragu Chunky Super Vegetable Primavera

Directions:

Cheese Mixture

Saute minced garlic and rosemary in 1 tsp of olive oil. Heat until the flavors are released but don't let the garlic brown. In a bowl, combine the garlic and rosemary with the ricotta cheese and stir until thoroughly combined.

Chicken

Using a meat mallet, place chicken breast bottom side up between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound until breast becomes thin. Do this with all of the chicken breasts. When finished, lay chicken flat, bottom side up and spread with cheese mixture. Place slices of mushrooms on top of cheese mixture. Tightly roll chicken breasts up and secure the roll with toothpicks. Sear the rolled chicken breasts in olive oil in a hot skillet, allowing each side to get golden brown. When finished, place stuffed chicken breasts into baking dish that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Spread evenly the sauce onto the tops of all the stuffed chicken breasts. Cover and place in 350°F oven for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and evenly distribute the 4oz of mozzarella cheese to the tops of the rolled chicken breasts. Return to oven, uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.

*NOTE* Before consuming, make sure that all of the Stuffed Chicken Breasts have an internal temperature of 165°F or higher, as all poultry and stuffed meats must reach this minimum required internal temperature to be safe for consumption.

Serving Size = 1 Stuffed Chicken Breast Calories per serving = 270
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    I like marinading and cooking on the grill then slicing it up and eating it throughout the week. You can get just about any flavor in marinade my favorites are the liquid ones they keep the meat juicy
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Make a chicken stir-fry making your own sauce.
    Stuffed peppers using chicken & quinoa.
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Im looking for somthing I can make and freeze the left overs. I have done the shredded chicken BBQ before.. which is good- but wanted to try something a little different
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Grill or bake, shred, and saute with a little butter and a lot of hot sauce = shredded buffalo chicken. Put it in a wrap with some Greek yogurt mixed with ranch seasoning, shredded cheese, and baby spinach. So good.
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yummy ideas here ta xx
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just made Pineapple BBQ chicken, it was AMAZING & so easy.

Chicken breast
    crushed pineapple, mostly drained
    Hawaiian BBQ sauce

Add ingredients to crockpot & let it cook all day. SOOOO GOOD!!!
  • KylieJordan16
    KylieJordan16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/chicken-pot-pie-soup.html

Skinny Taste Chicken Pot Pie soup!!

Super easy and SO delicious!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    love me a good breast.
  • RemDogzMa
    RemDogzMa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    take some aluminum foil to make individual "packets" with each chicken breast. Put the chicken on the foil, cover with a little bit of condensed cream of chicken soup, frozen broccoli, and shredded cheese and fold up. Bake for about 45 mins at 450 degrees. Serve with some rice. yummm!!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Going to try the Skinny Taste Chicken Pot Pie Soup... looks amazing!