Thursday NSV (Non Scale Victory) Thread

Options

Replies

• LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have had several besides the hubby text that I want to share. Can't help it! I am so excited!

This week, several people have commented about my weight loss and told me I look great, what am I doing, look younger.

I have been trying for 3 weeks to do a full get-up with 12 kg (26pd) kettelbell. Finally succeeded on Monday!! Did 2 on each side.

16 kg (35 pds) dbk cleans on Thursday!

The best was my 13 year old daughter saying, "Mom, don't take this wrong but do you know how far you have come?" Me - "what?" "Now, don't get offended but I was looking at some old pix and you have lost alot of weight!" Now why would that offend me!? It tickled me to DEATH!!! I am doing this to be a better role model for my kids! Glad they are noticing!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old son saw me jogging on the threadmill the other night and asked me if i was exercising, i told him yeah, and then he give me a thumbs up and said "good job daddy".

This one makes me want to cry. Good job, everybody! These are so fun to read!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I put on my wedding band this morning and I felt it loose on my finger. I guess I'm dropping ring sizes too :D
  • kirstA90
    kirstA90 Posts: 7
    Options
    After exactly a week of tracking and not seeing much improvement on the scale - I decided (3 weeks earlier than planned) to see if my measurements had moved..

1 inch on waist
    1 inch on chest/bust area

YAY! :)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing some old workout pants that fit perfectly the "last time" I took off weight...but now even those are ready to fall off. So I beat my own previous NSV.
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nice job, kirstA90!

I bought new, 2" smaller pants that I couldn't fit into pre-MFP. I fit into them at Easter, and I put them on again yesterday, and now the butt and legs are starting to sag already :-)
  • Tanisha0812
    Options
    I've been very disciplined for 2 weeks and here are my successes that I am so proud of:
    1. Put a pair of pants on and did not have to wiggle to get in them
    2. No craving for sugar or alcohol (thought this would be the hardest change to make)
    3. Consistently have worked out at 6:00am 4 days per week
    4. Tracked all my intake and counted calories
    5. Most of all, I FEEL DAMN GOOD ABOUT MYSELF!

JUST DO IT:love:
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm fitting into old clothing from before I put on my weight! I love that NSV.. I get to wear my favorite jacket again :)
  • nicsalt
    nicsalt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love reading All of these NSVs! Everyone is doing an amazing job. Mine is that I have put so many miles on my hiking boots that in 6 months I have worn them out completely. Just got a new pair to hike off the last 36 lbs!
  • johnnygizmo
    johnnygizmo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    90 days logged in :)
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had to take my uniform back today so that the seamstress could remeasure me and make my jacket, top coat and 4 shirts fit! :smile:
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hubby said I was looking good today and gave me googly eyes. :blushing:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Purchased a bathing suit from Walmart. Never ever have purchase any clothing from Walmart much less a bathing suit :) happy happy girl.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My husband keeps feeling me up.
  • anaquay
    anaquay Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I went visiting friends today, taking cream cakes with me (as it was my turn) and I didn't even want to eat one. Friends were happy too, as I can easily scoff at least 4, so they got to eat the extra ones :smile:
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I had to have my wedding ring sized down to a 5 because it was falling off! :smile:
  • Kacey11312
    Options
    I'm only 2 weeks in on MFP but my best NSV thus far was my husband saying;

"Babe, I can tell you're losing weight....your butt isn't as big" :laugh:
    That man, he cracks me up!

Also:
    -3.5" off my hips
    -2.5" off my waist
    -1" off my neck
    Loose wedding rings! (Husband doesn't want to have them re-sized again, we just got married!)
    and appx 5 pounds! :bigsmile:
    and a smidge of confidence.
  • Kacey11312
    Options
    My husband keeps feeling me up.

:laugh: :love:

That cracked me up!
  • ErinG6191
    ErinG6191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 miles comfortably at a 10 minute mile pace which I have never been able to do! Also fit into a pair of my pre pregnancy jeans that I thought I'd never get over my hips again!
  • rebamay87
    rebamay87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I had to share!

I had my blood pressure checked this week and its down to 121/69 considering I was somewhere in the range of 145/80 right before I started losing weight.. I reckon thats a pretty awesome NSV.

Also! was able to go into a store and just pick clothes off the rack and try them on.. and they all fitted. Which was pretty damn amazing too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!