Ladies! When do you lose your period weight?

Options

Replies

• Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I usually notice a gain right before I start and it dips alittle when I start but doesn't fully go back to normal until a few days after I stop completely
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't actually experience a change? If anything, I feel I *lose* weight when I'm on my period.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I notice my loss on my 1st or 2nd day of my period.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Period.... what's a period?
  • dharqvenym
    Options
    I generally weigh myself the week after it stops.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Since I had my daughter last year my periods have been a little crazy.... way longer and heavier than ever before, but the gain and bloating has been brutal. I don't notice it going away visibly and off the scale until I hit the last day of my cycle.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't actually experience a change? If anything, I feel I *lose* weight when I'm on my period.

Nah I'm the same way too. Before I had this desperation to get pregnant I actually looked forward to my period because it meant my body is normal.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Not until the end/ after my period.
    DITTO
  • Talister
    Talister Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Usually when Im finished Ill weigh myself again, I tend to gain BEFORE my monthly and be about 3-5 lbs lighter after. Fun fact: menstruating burns 15% more cals the first few days, hence PMS cravings so if you are going to cheat a bit on your diet, right before you start or within the first 2 days is the best time to do so xoxoxo

Drink lots of water to flush it all out and you should go back down. A lot of people dont know how important water is for you to lose weight :tongue:
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    never
  • suzieqd2
    suzieqd2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lose mine about 2 days after I stop bleeding.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Mine goes the day the flow starts, but hangs around the whole week before.

This.

I tend to lose water weight the week of, and then any actual fat loss seems to happen the week after (probably because my endurance is better for whatever reason, and I'm not hungry).
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    So interesting to hear how everyone has a different pattern. Ever since I lost majority of the weight, I don't gain too much weight during my period about 1-2 Ibs and I generally lose it on the 1 or 2nd day after my period starts.
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up a pound or so on day 1 of my period, then down again a day or two after I finish. But I also have (apparently) pretty short periods (the actual flow, not the total cycle). So posts like those above that mention "the first couple of days" make me laugh. My flow is only 2 1/2 to 3 days, tops.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    A day or two after my period stops I throw off water like crazy--seems like I'm peeing every half hour. The day after is a great day to weigh myself--and lately, is about the only time I see a drop on the scale. I get a little bloaty twice a month--mid-month and then for my period, and depending on how bad my mid-month is (sometimes I spot just a little, other times it's like a second period) it can be a good couple of weeks where I'm carrying extra water. Since I'm only trying to lose half a pound a week, it's really hard to see progress with all the hormonal fluctuation.

I keep thinking I'm almost 50, it's got to stop eventually...
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't really gain. But I find it much harder to actually lose during ovulation and the week of my period. The week after I drop a lot though. usually 3-5 lbs.
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tend to come off my period... then bloat like a beached whale, usually for 4 or 5 days!!
  • charllotte23
    charllotte23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well I am one of the fortunate ones that has a 21 day cycle so...... some months I get it twice! I know you're all jealous....not! haha. That's a struggle I have been dealing with cause I find I gain weight about 2 days prior and cannot lose weight during my period, but then 2 days after my period I have finally lost weight. I'm at a bit of a plateau right now but I usually gain 2-3 lbs 2 days prior to my period. I read things that say its water retention. Its difficult because I really only have 2 weeks that I lose weight and I am not the type to crave prior or go beyond my calories so sometimes 2 days after my period I will be 4 lbs lighter then before my Premenstrual symptoms begin. Just frustrating. Great post though! Been wondering the same.
  • dietonthego
    dietonthego Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    After my period is over usually two to three days later. My question is this " I am 51! When am I going to get rid of it?" I have had enough!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    In the past I could retain up to 10 lbs of water weight that came off after my period stopped for the month, but I was also having two periods one month and none the next. Once my cycle got straightened out and I started to lose weight I've found that I don't really gain around that time unless I stop watching my sodium levels. I was shocked the first time I actually managed a loss during my period.