Alcohol!

Options
13»

Replies

• mmccrackin
    Options
    Alcohol calories are my biggest problem. I've had to cut back my nightly wine and just drink on the weekends. I love to have a low 60 calorie beer with a shot of tequilla. Still get the beer taste with the added punch, so I won't drink too many. Yummy!
  • 21Blondie
    21Blondie Posts: 10
    Options
    Not sure if someone else has said this but i recommend you do log it :)

I try to predict before the night so i can base my food calorie consumption with that in mind and/or go to the gym before hand
    ALSO it's the hangover breakfasts that spoil it all (remember that sometimes when drinking we use a lot of energy too! Especially if dancing around)
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I Have cut back my alcohol intake to mostly one day a week...yes I log it....go look at my last Saturday...ugly. I may be a few beers off here and there, but I drink all day on Saturday so sometimes this equals to an ugly amount...and I can drink a lot
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I probably drink once/week. And yes, I log the cals
  • cindywhitley1
    Options
    So, when i can find it at a bar I always drink Chopin Vodka and Soda with lime. Chopin is distilled from potatoes instead of wheat. As we all know, your body turns wheat into sugar. Its best to have it with water and lime, but i love the fizz of the soda. Happy Summer Fundays!!

Thank you! Same to you :flowerforyou:
  • 50Mimmy
    50Mimmy Posts: 15
    Options
    I log what I plan to drink (and correct it afterwards). That makes me more aware of what is less calories in + When I see how much calories it is in alcohol, I do not drink as much, and I do not eat that much snacks and "night food". Calories are calories.
  • cindywhitley1
    Options
    I Have cut back my alcohol intake to mostly one day a week...yes I log it....go look at my last Saturday...ugly. I may be a few beers off here and there, but I drink all day on Saturday so sometimes this equals to an ugly amount...and I can drink a lot

That looks about like mine hahaha
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Yes, always count liquid calories. I have some wine at weekends or when we have visitors. I have a beer in the pub. If I'm short on calories I'll have a gin or vodka and diet tonic. All counted. Every night at 6 o'clock I have a pastis with lots of water. Usually just the one. - 100 calories. As I've got thinner I get drunker quicker so the one makes me quite merry. I love it and the thought of it keeps me going in the late afternoon when I'm at my hungriest. I have managed to lose 40 lbs so it can't be that bad!
  • RyanJK85
    Options
    sent a FR...always love having some beer drinkers in my list lol
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I haven't recorded anything for about a year but when I did I recorded alcohol. I drink fri/sat normally. I probably have 3 to 6 drinks on those nights
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Always been a HUGE beer drinker!!! I am a Budweiser girl myself, so when I started getting serious I cut my beer down to weekends only (F,Sat & Sun - hey Friday is the weekend! lol) When I typically had 1-3 per night on average after work everyday. I noticed the weight start dropping just from that small change. Now I have made the change from Budweiser to Mich Ultra, but still just on my 3 weekend days, And I do log it, if you go in and look at my dairy you will see my weekends way in the red...haha! It's working for now, but once I really start hitting goals, I may make even more drastic changes......

BUT MAN I LOVE MY BEER! :drinker:
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I record everything - alcohol included.
    My problem is that if I have one, I want another six! I get around this by drinking only when I have a heavy social occasion. Otherwise I stay with diet tonic water or soda.
    Alcohol is like chocolate - impossible to feel the benefit from one.
    Once you decide to not drink except on very special occasions, then it gets easier and the guilt goes away,
    Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    If I am going hard like going out with friends or my husband at a bar and its going to be a long night, I call it a wash. IF I am at home and having a few drinks, I record. I am mostly drinking liqour now though because of the content in beer.

I willt ry this method...beer is full ofcalories thats for sure
  • RyanJK85
    Options
    Always been a HUGE beer drinker!!! I am a Budweiser girl myself, so when I started getting serious I cut my beer down to weekends only (F,Sat & Sun - hey Friday is the weekend! lol) When I typically had 1-3 per night on average after work everyday. I noticed the weight start dropping just from that small change. Now I have made the change from Budweiser to Mich Ultra, but still just on my 3 weekend days, And I do log it, if you go in and look at my dairy you will see my weekends way in the red...haha! It's working for now, but once I really start hitting goals, I may make even more drastic changes......

BUT MAN I LOVE MY BEER! :drinker:

knew that there was a reason we became friends!!! haha
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    Like i said Michelob it's the best choice for low cal beer, taste like water but not bad, if you want fewer calories and still drink beer you can always drink miller 64 as well taste alright too but they don't really sell it where i am at now...just be happy you havent had any amazing beers from over seas (not imported) its soooooooo gooooood!!!!
  • avatrx
    avatrx Posts: 52
    Options
    I record everything - alcohol included.
    My problem is that if I have one, I want another

I have the same problem. Only I'm into the Kirkland ready to drink - Golden Margarita stuff. 150 calories for 4oz. I usually want about 10 oz. I fill a wine glass full of ice and then pour in the Margarita. That way I get about 3 oz per glass. Knowing I had 3 glasses of the stuff seems to psychologically help. I always allow for those calories in my daily count.
  • GThibz
    GThibz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    living in Texas I think we all drink beer down here (Budlight for me), since starting MFP I have learned to drink crown and diet cream soda due to calories. I love it, but be careful it will catch you! LOL :drinker:
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big drinker and I still only drink maybe 1 or 2 drinks a month. Usually just some kind of mix because like hot chocolate + kraken + vanilla + half and half. Ya know the regular :)

I say if it goes in you should write it down.
  • Chassity1987
    Options
    I'm sticking with a glass of wine or vodka with diet sprite and a splash of cranberry