*Ladies*Theigh Measurement

Options
2»

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Mine are 20 1/4 upper thigh and 17 3/8 mid thigh.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    22" or just under. They were 32" when if first started losing weight. They still seem big to me, but I think I have a bit of loose skin at the top. They look fine in clothes but I'd like to look good in shorts!

Couldn't have said it better myself. I HATE my thighs. Even though I've lost a considerable amount of weight, the way they look now just makes me hate them even more. They're around 22" at the largest part, but flabby and gross at the top. Now that I'm focused on toning and strength training, hopefully they improve.

17892839.png

I started doing sumo squats with dumbbells (I use 30 pounds now that I worked my way up) and within the first month, I noticed a good amount of tightening in my upper inner thigh area. I know it will take a while to completely firm up, but I am really happy with the results so far! I mix up different types of squats, but I do these twice a week now.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    OP, you shouldn't set circumference goals simply because you see others with smaller thighs when you do not know their body fat percentage. I think these "ideal" thigh measurements are even more arbitrary than bodyweight goals.

I agree with this... personally, I would like thicker thighs. I cant help how I am built, and I am never going to have the thicker thighs and bigger butt/hips like I want. We are all built differently... I have a high BF%, so this really tings true because a lot of women are fitter than me with thicker thighs.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Mine are 18.5". Before I started lifting they were 17" but my body fat percentage is lower now.
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mine were 28.5 when I started this journey. They are now 26. Every little bit helps. I would like to have about a 22-24 I guess. Anything smaller will do. :happy:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Mine are 24.5" of pure power!!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'10 and mine measure around 19-19.5".
    They are pretty solid too, from cycling(with a lot of resistance) and running.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My thighs are a strong, Healthy 22 inches!
    Love em!

I'm 5'4 ex-gymnast..

:-)
  • mscalla
    mscalla Posts: 19
    Options
    Thats what i was thinking !! Thanks for butting in!!

I'm 5'5, 120-122lbs, small frame and mine are 20.5. I've lost 2 inches in the last few months on my thighs :)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    23 and that's almost as big as my waist! So I'm glad my body type is finally "in" :laugh:
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Mine are 22 (For reference, I'm 5' 6"). I'd say it's probably my "problem area", I'd definitely like to trim them down by several inches (Squats and Lunges are my friends haha)
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Mine are 23. I'm 5'5" and 150 pounds currently. It's a bit disheartening, because although I started out at 25 inches two months ago and I'm glad to have lost 2 inches, I still sit down and they bulge out all over the place and make me feel awful about myself. It makes me wonder if I'll ever really have nice, toned thighs that aren't massive. I run or walk nearly every day and I've been doing the 30 Day Shred which has squats and lunges so hopefully that will help.