Les Mills Combat

Options
tRiNaBeAnZz
tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
Hello, MFP friends!

I just finished the TurboFire 90 day program and absolutely loved it! I am curious how many of you have tried Les Mills Combat and if you liked it or not? Thoughts? Results? I'd love some feedback on the program!

Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• Shaunte86
    Shaunte86 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My local gym, 24 Hour Fitness just began Les Mills Body Combat (round 55) classes on Saturday...I have gone to everyone, Sat, Mon, Tue, and Wed. and am in love. It is an intense workout that will take your fitness to the next level. Thus far I can feel a difference in the way my clothes fit and my endurance and stamina has improved when doing other workouts! I am seriously considering purchasing the program in addition to doing it in the gym. I love the live instructor...that's the only reason I may not purchase the dvd's.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    My club is also doing the new release and I love it too! Especially like the fire starter track! It's great, very hard work (unless your the woman who stands in front of my in my classes that barely punches) but worth it!!
  • adoreabella
    Options
    I finished TurboFire as well and went to Combat. I LOVE it! You won't be disappointed. It makes TF look like a cakewalk!
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I did my first class on Monday and I'm still aching :laugh: It's fooking brilliant!!
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone is talking about Body Combat, which is the inspiration for Les Mills Combat, but the class version at the gym so it is a bit different..

I have Combat, it is a good workout Rach and Dan are great trainers, the only thing I like using my punching bag, not really fond of hitting air.

It is pretty tough and aside from the mixture of the comabt moves there is a good amount of cardio and strength mixed in. Overall I love it.

I have a hard time sticking with DVD's because they get somewhat boring. Combat has enough variety to keep me going, plus it is only 60 days so I like that. You will need some varying dumbell weights, and the weighted gloves ship with it,.
  • schnarfo
    Options
    The gyms do les mills body combat?! I wasn't even aware there were DVD versions? Everyone around the world do the same release! Oh OP you asked about results.... It's been amazing for my arms back and abs! But you need to really go for it and use your body weight to punch or kick or you won't see any results
  • KevDaniel
    Options
    The gyms do les mills body combat?! I wasn't even aware there were DVD versions? Everyone around the world do the same release! Oh OP you asked about results.... It's been amazing for my arms back and abs! But you need to really go for it and use your body weight to punch or kick or you won't see any results

Yep here is the one they teach in class http://w3.lesmills.com/global/en/classes/bodycombat/about-bodycombat/

Here is the DVD set http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-combat-workout.do
  • almyers7
    almyers7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do both Turbo fire and body combat and a few times I will double up with body pump after body combat (my gym has them back to back). If you like turbo fire you will like combat they are very close, just no 90 sec turbo but some of the sessions will feel like it. I wish I could go to combat classes but I have to get in my 4 days of running on top of any cardio kickboxing so it get tricky with work. To paid we all cant just get paid to workout, that would be nice!
    Good luck, I am sure you will like it! :happy:
  • schnarfo
    Options

Yep here is the one they teach in class http://w3.lesmills.com/global/en/classes/bodycombat/about-bodycombat/

Here is the DVD set http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-combat-workout.do

No way! I couldn't do a DVD version the class is far too motivating for me and having the instructor really push me on!

Oh and to the other poster doing two les mills classes back to back nearly killed me the one and only time I did it lol... Never again! One class a day is enough for me :)
  • KevDaniel
    Options
    I agree!! I prefer classes, I am trying to get Body Combat certified but the course is at a gym about 45 miles from my hometown.
  • almyers7
    Options
    I actually think that TurboFire is harder, if you bust your butt. Because of my martial art background the combat instructor(s) tend to use me at the demo (kick like this etc). I have done Tae-bo for years,full contact ju-jitsu (until my neck surgery), Turbo jam,Tai-chi (more of workout than you think), turbo fire, kickboxing (different gym), and body combat. You will get out of it what you put in it, if you not dripping in any cardio kickboxing dvd or class something is wrong.
  • almyers7
    Options
    I use DVD's for turbo jam and turbo fire and go to the gym for combat when I can. I work an average of 70 hours a week so its rough sometimes but you make the time and it pays off. I am so gald to hear there are so many people working out. With schools cutting PE we need role models to get kids moving. Sorry one of my jobs is a full time teacher and they cut 9th and 12th PE classes, I wasnt happy.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I just started the home version of Combat and I'm really liking it. My gym has a Kick class that is basically the same and that hooked me. I Love to punch and kick.
    I have a hard time keeping up with move changes with Turbo Fire, but that is just me.
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of combat and LOVE IT!! I can definitely feel the results and have seen fantastic results in others who are a couple of weeks ahead of me.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    just seen a sneek peek on youtube, looks amazing!
  • schnarfo
    Options
    just seen a sneek peek on youtube, looks amazing!

It is amazing!!
  • joevmware
    joevmware Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Les Mills Combat Challenge this week! Martial arts mixed with boxing, cardio and some good tunes makes this a Super FUN program!!! The trainers Dan Cohen and Rachel Newsham are really energetic and help motivate you through out each workout. There is an option for every workout to have the music pumped up or lower to hear the trainers . I am starting up Insanity next week!!!

joesuma@beachbodycoach.com
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I love taking Body Combat at my gym!
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the feedback! I am really interested. How long are the workouts? Is it a 6 day per week program just like TurboFire?
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    Options
    I finished TurboFire as well and went to Combat. I LOVE it! You won't be disappointed. It makes TF look like a cakewalk!

This is a little scary but also makes me want to purchase it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!