Alternative to Insanity

Options
I started Insanity about two weeks ago and while I can do some of the exercises the majority of them get the better of me. I am doing better and can feel my stamina increasing but with knee and lower back problems all of the jumping worries me.

I'm a 42 year old male with about 60 to 80 pounds to drop. I don't have any problems lifting weights or getting on the treadmill/elliptical but wanted something I could do at the house.

What are some other DVDs worth checking out that do not include all of the hopping and jumping?

Thanks

Replies

• trifona
    trifona Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Power 90 and then Power 90 Master Series.

Working for me, similar circumstances to yours.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    marking this I was having the same problems with insanity
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    What about Turbofire.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Counseling?
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Counseling?

I was going with "Staying single."
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    bump, because I'd like to try Insanity but the jumping scares me, want to know if it can be modified.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    sanity....

sorry...had to say it :drinker:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Is joining a gym a doing a solid full body routine an option? Or putting on some shoes and going for a run? Or do I have to choose among dvds?
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    In other threads that have compared p90x to Insanity it said the p90x is a lot easier on the knees with similiar results. Although I also recall there are some equipment requirements in p90x (resistance bands, etc).
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    What about Turbofire.

You can still do Insanity and modify the moves to lower impact. TurboFire is pretty much the same, only it shows you a low impact version along with all of the jumping.
  • jdp9130
    jdp9130 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. As to your question DavPul, I am a member of a gym and I do enjoy lifting weights. I can't really run for long periods of time and would be worried about my knees or back but could do some time on an elliptical. I mentioned DVDs mainly as an alternative and something to mix it up. I have been pretty good in the past about going to the gym to lift or getting on the treadmill here at the house but was looking for some good cardio to really knock some pounds off and then head back to the gym.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You could try out this app called Sworkit. You can pick and choose what body weight exercises you want to include in the circuit, set the time and go. You could also try bodyrock to switch things up a bit!