Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior 15

Options
I am in my junior year and college has made it really hard to focus on a workout routine and eating right. I am kicking off my first time ever diet/weighloss kick the summer before my junior year hoping I will be able to follow through with it when school returns.

Replies

• spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I feel ya... I am a Senior in college and I had a hard time finding time.. BUT I had to make the time. I was so out of shape and over weight its BAD.. So since I am a night owl I go around 930 at night. Do my elliptical. Since summer came I started Zumba and Yoga, however, I am not sure if I will be able to continue this once school starts (the timing is not good). BUT as a student, I encourage you to find some time, anytime, it is so worth it. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY and WELCOME:bigsmile:
  • alpeters3789
    Options
    You can totally do it! I am going to be a senior so feel free to friend me and shoot me some messages here and there! I completely understand how hard it is during school to get an actual routine going and then by the time summer rolls around you feel so defeated and as if you have to cram it into those 3 months you have until the next year starts. but once you get in a routine and start feeling really good, you'll find a way to make it work at school!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I was in the same boat as you last year in college. I had put on over 30 pounds during college (probably closer to 40) and I was overweight to begin with when college started. I managed to lose 15 pounds in my last fall semester with not too much effort. I lived at the bottom of a giant hill on campus and had to walk up it anytime I wanted to get to class or Central Campus. So built in exercise. I also was watching what I was eating, and cutting back on drinking (hardest part, trust me... haha). I didn't realize I had lose 15 pounds until I got home for Christmas and hopped on a scale. So the moral of the story is little changes add up :D

Add me as a friend if you like, I'm always willing to offer support and any tips I can give from one former college student to a current one :) I graduated this past December.