A cold water bath?

Options
Tywana
Tywana Posts: 135 Member
Hello everyone. I was at the gym this A.M and heard that a cold water soak helps skin to tone. I know when you are cold goose bumps appear and your skin draws up, do you think it's a quick fix or after doing it for some time gives real benefits? :huh:

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Never heard of cold water baths, but I have heard for years that after you wash your face you should rinse with cold water because that closes your pores. I know I could never stand to sit in cold water, I would die LOL
  • joliezolie
    joliezolie Posts: 19
    Options
    Well I know this, Swedish women (not all but I just moved back from overseas and have met and seen many) have great bodies and great skin and they do a lot of hot sauna to cold water treatments. They eat healthier too, BUT ... I believe that once you open your pores with heat - sweat and or clean - then tighten it all back with cold - there MUST be some long term health benefits.

My thoughts :)

I rinse with cold every shower - it's good for the hair too!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Actually where I am from in Dominican Republic it is a poorer community that may not always have hot water and our skin is remarkable. My mother is 60 and looks like she is in her 40s. Years and years of bathing with cold water has her skin super tight. I believe it does help.
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks, thanks, many thanks. Ima give it a try. :wink: