I did it....My Insanity Journey & Results!

Options
I am going to waffle on for a little so feel free to go all the way down to see my actual results!!

My Insanity journey began on 21st January 2013. I finally decided that 2013 was the year i was going to get fit not just to lose weight but to really feel fit. I saw the advert and read lots of posts on here about it and loved the idea of working out at home. It of course looked insane and wasn't sure i would be able to do it but decided it's now or never.

I did not follow the nutritional guide but set my calorie goal to TDEE -20% and made sure i was hitting my macros which i set at 40, 30, 30. I also got some Reflex Diet Protein, Amino X, a good multi vitamin, super strength glucosamine sulphate and Omega 3,6 & 9 pilss. I took these everyday.

Going into it i had no idea of what i would achieve weight loss wise. I've always had a goal weight in mind but after reading so many reviews on Insanity decided that the number on the scales would become secondary. I took the horrible before photos, mesured myself and got to it.

I did my fit test and realised how unfit i was, i couldn't even do a press up! I thought to myself why on earth have i let myself get so uncomfortable and as heavy as i have ever been. I took down my results and thought, it can only get better. It's hard to describe the first few workouts of it apart from crazy. But i kept going i loved having the calendar it meant i knew exactly what i would be doing each day and felt bad if i missed a session.

I started to notice changes after about 2 weeks not much movement on the scales just in the mirror. This really motivated me to push through even on the days i didn't feel like it.

Shaun T really motivates me, i don't response well to the sargent major approach so the odd Lets Goooo and Dig Deeper worked for me.

All of a sudden i had completed 1 month and was feeling fantastic. I decided on taking some progress photos and this time i wasn't as worried as i could feel myself changing. Progress pics are one of the best ways to keep you motivated and see how far you have come. I also took measurements and was very happy with them all going down. I also felt alot stronger, i was finally able to do some press ups!!

So into month 2 i went and i won't lie i was slightly worries as every session had the word MAX in it. I think the first day was an hour session so quite different from month 1 but as Shaun says go at your own pace and take breaks when needed. I was looking forward to each session as i wanted to do better than the time before. One of the main things i noticed was my hunger, you really need to make sure you eat enough to get you through the sessions.

My clothes started to feel too big and dresses i couldn't wear before now fit me. I was getting very excited. Going into my last week it was weird, i was feeling rather emotional and proud that i had stuck to this. I had such determination to finish it, i wanted that INSANITY T.SHIRT.

So my last session Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs, i really went for it and felt amazing after. I just had the fit test to go and i was done. I was a little scared of doing it as i wanted to beat my previous numbers. I managed that on every exercise apart from Globe Jumps (4 jumps is 1 rep) so not too bad. I was ad that it had come to an end but realised that this was really the beginning for me. It's given me the push i needed to get really fit and get that body i have always wanted.

Onto my results, if nayone has actually read all that then well done for staying awake and thanks!!

The after photos felt great to take, i'm really happy with the changes i have made to my body:

Fitt test results 1st and final:

Switch Kicks (2 kicks=1 Rep): 37 - 54 UP: 17

Power Jacks: 38 - 53 UP: 15

Power Knees: 70 - 111 UP: 41

Power Jumps: I had to cancel these as my knees couldn't take the landing.

Globe Jumps: 7 - 11 UP: 4

Suicide Jumps: 8 - 15 UP: 7

Push Up Jacks: 0 - 20 UP: 20

Low Plank Oblique: 20 - 45 UP: 25

Very happy with how much better i have done in just 63 days!:)

Onto my measurements:

Weight i have lost 9lbs

Muscle Mass: UP 0.5%

Body Fat: DOWN 2%

Waist:

Widest: 2.7 inches

Navel: 1.5 inch

Smallest: 2.7 inches

Thighs: 1.2 inches each

Arms: 0.5 inches each

Under Bust: 1.2 inch

Around Bust: 0.8 inch

Finally onto the Photos!!

3501bpg.jpg

29111r4.jpg

j8faxx.jpg

Finally i want to say a huge thank you to my OH Tony (tikitony13) for supporting through my 63 days of Insanity and always encouraging me to continue and complete it. Also to my MFP friends you guys have been amazing and have motivated me all the way, i couldn't have done it without you lot.

Onto my new fitness plan i go......

Thanks
Jo

Replies

• burston0707
    Options
    Well done I'm on day 1 and I have I get the Similar results good lick with your new plan
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Options
    finally pics are normal size:)
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Options
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great Work!!!! This was a great story and I'm so happy you posted it! I'm on week for Month 1, and reading your story has given me an extra boost of motivation! You look fantastic by the way!
  • maidofstone
    maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly well and you can really see a difference! especially in the second pic down what a change . well done x
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 of Insanity now, it's hard as hell but it makes me feel stronger, so I'm sticking with it! Congrats to you on a job well done! :)
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I'm starting Week 5 today and needed some encouragement. Thank you so much for posting- especially for explaining how you did it instead of just posting pictures.

You're looking great.
  • lailahmed
    lailahmed Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    nice job, well done... might give it ago
  • jtempalski
    Options
    way to go!! Nice results :-)
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! You look fantastic! :)
  • MzBeauty2U
    MzBeauty2U Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I am just on recovery week! Looking forward to month 2!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You achieved great results :) It's motivating to see/read these stories as I'm currently doing Insanity myself.
  • CCusedtodance
    CCusedtodance Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You even lost your knee fat. Congratulations!
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad it's helping to motivate others. Keep going if you're doing Insanity, it's totally worth it!!

@CCusedtodance, i know i thought that when i saw the pictures together, less knee fat...Whoop:)
  • SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Phenom results!
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well...someone's a bit amazing! :)
  • allgaier67
    Options
    HOLY COW! amazing results! you look awesome! way to go!

I think i need to get back with Shaun T and actually follow through this time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!