When do you stop eating??

Options

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I have calories left to eat. The body doesn't know or care what time it is.
  • vegaspfmf
    vegaspfmf Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stop eating when you run out of calories.

Thats the answer. Meal timing has nothing to do with losing weight. Eat your daily calories everyday.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    When I'm dead.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    When you eat to much before bed your cortisol levels rise. But you also don't want to go without eatting because that doesn't help your metabolism to keep going.

If you know your going to lay in bed at 10, eat a small snack with protein, and a veggie, no heavy carb (bread, etc.), around 9, that'll give your body a chance to have something to pick at when your sleeping.

If cortisol increases if you eat, why does when you eat matter? Also, I am not sure that eating even does raise cortisol levels as overeating actually causes cortisol to decrease.

Meal timing does not impact your metabolism from an intra-day perspective.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I have acid reflux, so I like to stop eating a couple of hours before bed. Actually, it often ends up being 4 or 5 hours after my nightly snack, and hunger is just starting to hit at that point. I've really come to enjoy going to bed on an empty stomach, myself.

Really, whatever feels good to you is fine.

___
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    When you eat to much before bed your cortisol levels rise. But you also don't want to go without eatting because that doesn't help your metabolism to keep going.

If you know your going to lay in bed at 10, eat a small snack with protein, and a veggie, no heavy carb (bread, etc.), around 9, that'll give your body a chance to have something to pick at when your sleeping.

No eating doesn't cause a spike in cortisol. Hunger does though.

OP stop eating when you've run out of calories.

I prefer to eat the majority of my calories at night time as I hate sleeping on an empty stomach.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Never. If I am exhausted and I want a snack, I just go to bed because I'm not actually hungry. But if my body feels hungry, I don't care what time it is. I eat!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream, with sprinkles, and a cookie, in a coffin!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    NEVER
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Careful.

If you're not putting caramel or crumbled Oreos on that it goes straight to your thighs.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Careful.

If you're not putting caramel or crumbled Oreos on that it goes straight to your thighs.

Oh noooooo
  • Milla098
    Milla098 Posts: 9
    Options
    When I looked my BEST (not just weight but also less acne and wrinkles) I didn't eat after 6 PM for about 2 years. It got so easy that my body just didn't even want food after that time (no cravings, nothing). I have fallen back and still struggling to get back to this timing.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I stop when the calories are gone.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    LOVE eating at night! SO thankful that it doesn't matter =)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I build in some slack for my snack just before bed ... bread-based usually ... yum.

Carbs help you sleep you know.

As does putting away a bottle of red.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If the day permits, I usually have my last bite to eat at 6pm. But the ultimadum is nothing after 7pm. I don't know if there is a science behind it or not, that is just a personal preference for me as I have strange dreams when I go to sleep with a just full belly.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm currently enduring an intermittent fast and have been for the past two days, so I only eat from 2pm until 6pm in the evening and allow the additional 20 hours for fasting. I just drink hot tea with splenda to satisfy any hunger during those times. Let's see what kind of results I have over the next 2 weeks :smile:

This is not the way to lose sustained and attainable healthy weight loss in my opinion
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    6pm
  • Kaasie1
    Kaasie1 Posts: 25
    Options
    after 7 pm
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I usually stop eating around 12-1 a.m. ;)