How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I started my new healthy lifestyle on Tuesday, and I am dying to see if I have lost any weight yet. Shall I just wait until next Tuesday?

Replies

• BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I would wait, but that's just me. I weigh weekly because my weight fluctuates so much from day to day.
  • DarkSable
    DarkSable Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I TRY to weigh weekly, but actually I tend to sneak a peek at the scales mid-week as well.
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Weekly is normally good, some people do it daily or every couple of days, just depends on you, need to remember that some days your body fluctuates, as long as you do it the same time of day as before it should be pretty accurate in regards to weight loss.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. (Monday morning, right after waking up and going to the bathroom, before eating/drinking/etc. and with no clothes on, lol).

I also compare weeks that correspond to certain times in my monthly cycle to get a better, more accurate view of what's going on. For instance, if this week was the week after TOM, then I compare that to next month, the week after TOM since women's water weight fluctuations are more than just daily throughout the month. :wink:
  • paulbuxton
    paulbuxton Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyones weight will fluctuate quite a lot from day to day so looking from one day to the next can be offputting if you don't keep things in perspective. I personally weighy everyday and log it on Fitbit.com I can then use Trendweight.com to look at the overall trend of my weight rather than at an individual weigh in (although I am always pleased when my weight passes a milestone of some sort even though I know there is a good chance it will be back the other side of it tomorrow.
    Check out the hackers diet for some good information on how your weight changes day to day and also a good way of tracking your weight (which is what trendweight.com is based on).
    http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

Other people recommend weighing once a week as over a week you will normally see a change regardless of day to day fluctuations.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think it's not very likely that you will have lost much weight in only a few days, so you might be disappointed. I'd wait till next Tuesday.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Every other day, I like to see how I'm doing and what makes me fluctuate. I only log my weight on Saturdays though...So if you want a quick peek and know you won't get discouraged if you haven't lost anything yet, go for it. Only if you know you can handle it.
  • kanegirl973
    kanegirl973 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh monthly, about 4 weekly and always the same time. I weigh in at my local health centre via the nurse
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am such a scale hopper its daily BUT I will only count Saturdays weigh in as 'proper'.

Wouldn't recommend scale hopping though! It does my head in. :smile:
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am such a scale hopper its daily BUT I will only count Saturdays weigh in as 'proper'.

Wouldn't recommend scale hopping though! It does my head in. :smile:

SAME HERE.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    P.s. I like how you said 'healthy lifestyle' and not diet :flowerforyou:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the same time in the same clothes. I have to wear clothes as the scale is in our local pharmacy. I don't actually own any scales that stops too much of a scale obsession. As long as the trend is down that's good.
  • Fruitshoot13
    Options
    Every day in the morning, but that's just me. Do whatever you feel comfortable with.