GUYS with BIG legs and small waist - what jeans to buy??

Options
OK, so I have lost 25 pounds of blubber now, YEAH !!! OH wait, an old problem has crept back up on me though... I lost 3" off my waist, so I order a pair of my favorite jeans with a 2" smaller waist. D i c kies relaxed fit carpenter work pants. I put them on, dang, they are tight in the legs bad!! And still about an inch big in the waist....Well, I wear them to work today, stop and get my 1hr leg workout in, and bam,... I can't get my legs back in the jeans ....LOL... I actually had to sit and relax for about 30 min, and wait for my leg "pump" to chill out some before I could even get my legs back in them.

Now I had this problem before, but it was in the 80's and early 90's. And Z. Cavaricci made some sweet dress pants and jeans that had BIG legs, and they were in style then. So not such a big deal, but they were pricey for sure.

Well, these days I'm more function minded, and my work jeans HAVE to be 100% cotton. Who the heck makes jeans to fit this issue?? I will be in a 32W/34L here this year, and with 29" or bigger thighs. Right now they are just 27". And I'm in a 36W/34L size. (before I was 30W/34L w/ 30" thighs)
38W/34L pants fit over my thigh and calves okay, but are all bunched up and uncomfortable around my waist.

SO, what are you guys wearing these days?? Any suggestions?

OH, and I know a 30-32" waist is not really "small" but it was the shortest way to title this post ......

Replies

• albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Many jeans manufacturers now have a fit called "Loose Fit" which has more room in the butt and thigh. Great for those of us that enjoy our squats . . .

That's all I can wear, and fresh out of the laundry they're still usually a little tighter around the quads than I like until they relax a little...

'Relaxed Fit' can work, but if the brand also has 'Loose Fit' that's usually got more room for those of us with bigger quads and glutes.
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I found Carhartt had jeans that cater for healthy legs!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I've always just bought jeans that fit my thighs and wear a belt.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Bumping this so my friend Tom will see it.

ETA: I'm lucky women's jeans came out with a "curvy" fit a few years ago to help that issue.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have tree trunks for legs. I feel your pain. As others said, relaxed to loose fit. Most jean manufacturers carry those type of cuts.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    They sell Carhartt's here local, thanks. I had forgotten about that ......

SO, loose fit and relaxed are not the same now?? did not know that either .... Thanks ....And yes, big legs have always been a problem until I got fat.....

I was happy when I did not have to wear bell bottoms in the 70's though .....Woo-Hoo !!!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    You could always buy them to fit in the legs and have them altered to fit better in the waist.
  • drefaw
    Options
    yea, I'm an old fart now. And out of touch with clothing really. So, Loose cut is bigger in the seat and thighs/calves than relaxed. Is that right?

And I'm trying not to get $50/pair into my work jeans also... I had thought about altering, but dang, they are just work pants.
    And I figured as out of touch with new clothing as I am, that somebody would have addressed the issue by now.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Fellas...pictures please
  • drefaw
    Options
    And this is the only fitness forum i belong to. I suppose I could join one of the body building forums, and they prob have adverts on the site for such things ???.....
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow, do I feel your pain with this one. I've always had this problem, fat, thin or in between. I have to try on 20 pairs of jeans before one of them fits well and they end up being the one that costs 60 bucks most of the time. I don't know where you are, but if there is a Kohl's nearby I found that Urban Pipeline fit really well. Also PD&C fit like a glove - found those at Marshall's for 20 bucks.
  • Suzy81123
    Suzy81123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend buys "relaxed" fit in whatever brand however it seems like Carhatt works the best for him
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier it was not so bad. Now that I've slimmed down, I've still got a big butt and quads. Jeans that don't fit right just make me look frumpy, like I have no butt at all, which is really not the case.
  • jessetmia
    jessetmia Posts: 19
    Options
    I've always gone with Loose fit and bigger waist. You can always wear a belt or even put another button on the jeans.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I'll give much the same response as one earlier...try loose fit. Relaxed fit usually isn't enough for me, either, and I'm not near your size in the legs. I swear it seems like the manufacturers have embraced the whole skinny fit/atrophied legs thing to an almost exclusive level.

I'm 32" waist, 34-36 length depending on the pair. Leg measure is 24" at fairly low body fat (10%). Even at that level a "relaxed fit" pair better be really laid back. :)

Currently wearing a pair of Denizen loose fit that I'm within an inch losing room in. I have no idea how you'd find anything with 29" legs.
  • mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I share this problem. Buckle seems to carry jeans that fit me well. I tend to lean toward Rock Revivals. If you're buying from Buckle, though, just know your wallet will be quite a bit lighter walking out. Maybe that will actually help your jeans fit better though....
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i have huge hips and skinny legs, totally the opposite, my jeans just sag a lot around my legs
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    otomix_2256_11879677
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes, try getting pants to fit your thighs comfortably and have the waist altered to fit well. Alternatively, you could get pants to fit your waist and have the thighs altered with extra fabric to fit, however, the first option will look much better. Find a good tailor or alteration shop. Yes, they are "just" work pants, but if you want to wear pants, then you need to do something. I suppose you could try out wearing a kilt. It works for the Scots. :-) There is a company called UtiliKilts that makes "work" kilts . . . if you think you can pull the look off.