"LIKE" Button

Options
Can we get a "Like" button or a thumbs up? Some of the suggestions or tips are very helpful, it would be great to see a tip with the agreements (LIKES) attached to see how many MFPers agree. So many of these comments and suggestions I just love and want to let them know that their tip helped me too!

Replies

• MissCaroline71
    MissCaroline71 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want to LIKE this post so hard !
    :)
  • Pynkklady
    Pynkklady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    LIKE!
  • penguinattackstudios
    penguinattackstudios Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Like!
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    Agreed!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thumbs Up!
  • wannatangle
    wannatangle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Definitely would be nice!! :smile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Can we get a "Like" button or a thumbs up? Some of the suggestions or tips are very helpful, it would be great to see a tip with the agreements (LIKES) attached to see how many MFPers agree. So many of these comments and suggestions I just love and want to let them know that their tip helped me too!

Can we NOT get a "LIKE" button please?

What makes mfp so successful is how friends motivate each other. If I/a friend did a 15 mile training run and a lazy "LIKE" was all a 'friend' had to say about it, then there's no sort of encouragement there...it's as meaningless as ' wtg'.

Motivating people,supporting people and encouraging them requires more effort than hitting a "LIKE" button...you could always use FB if thats what you would rather do.

A "LIKE" button would totally be against the spirit of mfp.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    People would get lazy if there was just a "like" button! The communication that makes this site so great, IMO, would go down.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    it sooooo Facebook!!!

:laugh:

It's been suggested a few times on the MyFitnessPal forums :bigsmile: Would be good to have :bigsmile:
  • bluefox9er
    Options
    People would get lazy if there was just a "like" button! The communication that makes this site so great, IMO, would go down.

"LIKE"!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Doesn't some of that already exist? After all, *like* is an acknowledgement that a person 1) read what you had to say and 2) literally 'liked' it. If they want to do more than that, they're free to do so
  • bluefox9er
    Options

so why not repay their effort in commenting by commenting back with something constructive, or even better, a thank you or appreciation instead of idly hitting a 'like' button?
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Doesn't some of that already exist? After all, *like* is an acknowledgement that a person 1) read what you had to say and 2) literally 'liked' it. If they want to do more than that, they're free to do so

To a point this is true, but if you look at Facebook or other sites that have a "like" type button, most people just click it as an acknowledgement that they saw your post. I would much rather have someone actually take the time to type something out, even if its just one word. I think it's more personal and more motivating!
  • carolynhart01
    carolynhart01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    OK, here is my guilty admission.. Sometimes I check in at work, just for motivation to no hit up the snack box.... A LIKE makes my point a lot quicker. Maybe not even a like, maybe an agree or disagree.. It doesn't offend me on facebook when someone 'only' likes my comment. It was just a suggestion that appearantly bombed, but I still would like to 'like' alot of your posts and comments because the do speak to me and help. Sorry if my wanting to let you know quickly when I don't have time to comment that you are helpful offends ya'll

**Thanks for the welcome BTW. My first post to get any replies - that was really to let you all know how much you help - made me feel oh, so welcome. :(

For those that got that I was really just trying to say an overall thank you, thank you.**
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options

Can we NOT get a "LIKE" button please?

What makes mfp so successful is how friends motivate each other. If I/a friend did a 15 mile training run and a lazy "LIKE" was all a 'friend' had to say about it, then there's no sort of encouragement there...it's as meaningless as ' wtg'.

Motivating people,supporting people and encouraging them requires more effort than hitting a "LIKE" button...you could always use FB if thats what you would rather do.

A "LIKE" button would totally be against the spirit of mfp.

Agreed. I've left FB behind - I don't want it resurrected under a different name!