How far do you drive to work

Options

Replies

• tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I drive 34 miles one way. About $45.00 a week on gas.
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    How many miles do you drive? about 30 to/from
    What do you drive? 95 blazer
    What do you spend on average a week for gas? 45-60
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Porsche but I pronounce it Porsch-a.
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    My husband takes me to work in the morning and I walk home (shared vehicle). It's only 2 miles from home, so it's pretty easy to get away with.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I have a car thats great on gas, so to fill up is about 50-55 dollars depending on gas prices and that lasts me at least 5 days. I only drive 10 minutes to and from work. On days I have class, my university is 45 minutes away, so that takes alot more.
  • joet60
    joet60 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drive 100 miles round trip.....spend about 35 bucks a week.....I drive a 2012 ford fiesta....average about 38 mpg combined milage, but most of it's on the highway......
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    About 3 miles one-way, usually go home for lunch, I spend about $40 every 2 weeks or so.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I walk to work if it's within a half hour casual walk-time.
    I use city transit otherwise and that's usually between 45 minutes - 1.5 hours.

Though I do not yet have the finances to do otherwise, when I do, I have no intention of changing my habits (mostly for environmental reasons) and if it took me longer than 1.5hours to get there by bus, I would probably decide not to work there unless I could carpool. If I did drive, I would consider anything over 0.5hour to be getting too far out of range to be reasonable.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    55 miles one way...an hour in a car and sometimes 42 minutes on the motorcycle :)
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    25 miles each war.
    The cost depends on what I drive.
    If I drive the Suburban, it costs me just over $100.00 per week.
    If I drive my 73 Beetle, I am looking at about $40.00 per week (That is an estimate based on one week of driving and tuning the beetle. I just got it on the road this week)
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    60 km a day (38 miles) so about 1:10 a day
    Drive a Mazda 3 and it's costing me about $60 of gas a week because gas is expensive as hell here!!

( There was a line up at the pumps yesterday because the gas station near work was at $1,12.9/ L ( $4,28/ g) So US folks should stop complaining about your $2.99/g gas!! )
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    20 miles one way toyota corolla and I spend about $35 on gas a week
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I work from home and log into a VPN. If they wanted me to work on site more than a few times a year for meetings, I'd quit. I haven't always had that luxury and I may not in the future. When I was working outside the home, my commute was about 30 miles round trip. Several years back I had a commute that was 60 miles round trip, and my work was near the airport so traffic was horrible. Will never do that again. Costs too much in fuel and maintenance and traffic makes me grumpy.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    How many miles do you drive? .75/1 mile
    What do you drive? honda civic 08
    What do you spend on average a week for gas? fill up every 2-3 weeks, and filling the tank costs 30-40$ depending on gas price. we also get a discount from our grocery store purchases if we use their designated gas station. save .10 to .30 a gallon

i try to take the bus when i can, but it's timed so i'm either 15 minutes early for work, or 5 minutes late. works for class times of course >(
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    Round trip about 110 miles a day. Costs about £500 ($750) a month in fuel. Drive a deisel Ford Mondeo

an hour each way. Thank god for audiobooks.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    55 miles one way...an hour in a car and sometimes 42 minutes on the motorcycle :)

It is hard to go the speed limit on two wheels :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Distance to work is a delicate balance. Too short, and I am always on call, too far and I spend too much of the day commuting. As it is I spend 20 minutes on my bike, each direction. It runs on fat and saves me money.
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Can't drive so take the bus approx 5 miles (on nice days in the summer I'll walk home with gigantic backpack full of papers/laptop/cables etc etc).

Used to take train an hour each day plus 30 min walking.

Think bus/train/walk combo is more a UK thing though!
  • charman99
    charman99 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    An hour each way, 5 days a week and I drive a 2012 Jeep Liberty.... I spend about 120$ every two weeks. So unless the pay is gonna be better to justify the gas money, I wouldn't. I am currently looking for something closer!
  • joshuahase
    joshuahase Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The cost goes far beyond what you pay at the pump.

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2011/10/06/the-true-cost-of-commuting/

http://visual.ly/killer-commute

I currently drive a total of 50 miles a day (1-2 hours a day sitting on my butt in traffic.)