Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OT vent

I just got our dark clothing (which contained almost all of my clothes that fit comfortably) out of the dryer to find that my husband left chap stick in his pocket once again.... This is probably the 4th or 5th time this has happened.... Now most of my clothing has oily spots all over them.... I'm so upset and angry at the same time. We leave Saturday for a week long trip and now I have to pack mostly gross looking clothes.... UGH! As it is I have very few clothes that fit me properly and now a good portion of them have oil stains.... :sad:

Sorry this is so off topic.... I just HAD to vent somewhere and I didn't think you all would mind....

Thanks for listening....

Replies

• mrswaltz
    mrswaltz Posts: 8 Member
    Have you tried "Goo Gone" ? I have had quite a lot of success with this stuff getting oily stains out of clothing, no matter how old they are?
  • jennebelle
    jennebelle Posts: 12 Member
    my son does this all the time - Goo Gone works!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    OMG I could KILL dh when he leaves stuff in his pockets that causes MY clothes to have the weird oil looking spots. :explode:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Do you apply the Goo Gone like a stain lifter (like Shout), rewash and then dry??

I NEED TO TRY THIS!!!!
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Good to know about the Goo Gone! I am guilty of having done this myself, twice in the last month!
  • fchopin42
    fchopin42 Posts: 51
    thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to try it... Do you apply and then rewash and dry?

Thanks a lot!

Lisa
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    That's why I've gotten in the habit of checking my husband's pants pockets before putting them in the wash because he sometimes forgets to clean out his pockets and can leave anything from money (coins and bills), receipts, pens, etc. Even if he says he checked them, I check them anyways lol.
  • you know what i found works but its kinda weird? use dishsoap - the ultra with oxy stuff in it - works great on greasy stains! (never actually tried with chapstick but i have a boyfriend who constantly leaves grease stains from oils at his job on every piece of fabric he comes in to contact with!)
  • sweetrevenge
    sweetrevenge Posts: 188
    Ouch.....yeah that drives me nuts. My husband used to leave pens in his work uniform and I would wash without checking. Took out a load of our clothes mixed in with baby clothes and EVERYTHING has blue ink all over it. Not a happy moment. Never tried Goo Gone, but crossing my fingers that it works. Good Luck!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Never heard of Goo Gone, does this stuff work on other stains as well?
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    that sucks! men can be so frickin incompetent sometimes! must we do everything for them??? i completly understand your frustration, I have the same issue with clothes, (that is i have very few that fit me) and my bf left chewing gum in his pockets a few weeks ago and ruined half of my already pitiful wardrobe!

good luck with yours! i say (if you can afford it) go get yourself something new for the vacation! he owes you! :bigsmile:
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    i just washed a lighter left in my boyfriends work jeans- and nether of us even smoke!! but so glad that it didn't bust- it so easily could have as my other half works on a farm i have to machine wash all his work clothes on a boil cycle-it gets very hot in there!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Do you apply the Goo Gone like a stain lifter (like Shout), rewash and then dry??
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Goo gone is a miracle worker, but I agree that Dawn dish soap does a lot of good too. After all, they've been using Dawn to clean the ducks in the oil spill.

For the future, I finally got a chapstick holder for my key chain. It may be a bit bulkier, but I am far less likely to leave my keys in my pocket when they are washed than a small chapstick.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    ohhh geeze that sucks! and right before a vaca too! I'd be mad! Oily stuff is really hard to get out! My DH does this with pens, plastic weep hole covers, and SCREWS. I stopped washing his clothes with mine :laugh: I have had the unfortunate experience of green crayon in the wash, and once we had bleach that I had used two washes before some how hide only to reappear on the dark load of mine and the kids clothes. I had a super cute pair of Juicy cords in that load too :sad: Ahhh the woes of laundry!
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    oh i forgot about this, i spilled strawberries all down a really nice white top of mine the other day and my future mother in law told me to pour vodka on it to get the stain out and totally worked, i was so shocked! she said she used vodka on a lot of her clothes when she went of holidays and her fake tan bust whilst in her suitcase and it got all the stains out! just make sure to machine wash to get the vodka out of your clothes so you don't smell like you been on the booze for the last 24hours tehe hope this helps
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    My husband has a habit of leaving packs of gum in his pockets. I have gum stuck to my clothes now.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    This applies to all who do laundry husbands or wives or singles. If you put the item in the wash then you're responsible for the contents of that load of laundry.

Don't be upset at the person who wore the clothing item and left something in their pocket. They aren't the one who stuck it in the washer or dryer.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I live alone, and to avoid the experience of "surprises" in my pockets that migrate to the laundry, I simply check all pockets before starting the wash. I adopted this protocol after my cell phone went "swimming" in a load of laundry--an expensive swim as it cost me $100 and another year added on to my contract to replace my phone.:grumble: :angry:

Another product that is excellent on stains is an Amway product called LOC-I once got waterproof black mascara out of a white dry clean only garment by spot treating with it.

To the posted not familiar with Goo Gone. It is a liquid, usually available in the hardware section. I have found it at Dollar Tree in a small bottle. It is also good for removing sticky label residue from items.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Soak them in hot water with a ton of oxyclean in it. LOVE That STuff!!!!!

Just make sure you keep the darks with the darks and the lights with the lights when you do that. I made the mistake of putting a pink shirt in my daughters light clothes that were soaking in oxyclean one itme....everyhing had a light pink hue by the time it was done!