Personal Trainer Certification - which is best?

Options
Eventualyl once I am in better shape I want to help people by training them, so I want to become a personal trainer. I feel I have a lot to learn and am really excited about doing it. I want to get my personal training certification this summer. I know 1 or 2 people that have it already. I live in Pittsburgh.

Question: Who should I get my certification through? There are several sites/companies to do so. NASM, ACE, AFAA...?

So which is best? Prefer that people with certs or people going for certs answer...

Replies

• StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    NASM and Ace
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bump... I'm curious too.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My fiance is certified and has a bachelors and 2 masters degrees.... NASM or ACE
  • B_Town154
    B_Town154 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think NASM advertises you get your money back if you don't get hired 90 days after graduating.
  • Ravanraj4t1
    Options
    Yes guys me Kamal from Himalayan country Nepal, also i want lose my weight in certain period, i am just 25 years old and my weight is 75kg and height is 5'3", which one is the best for lose my weight. And i want ask you if it possible lose in one month training. And please describe me how to start and are that type of gym hall in Nepal any contact of your. And i am listing about personal fitness trainer, actually what are they and how to do, what they can help us from another city to in Nepal?
  • Ravanraj4t1
    Options
    Yes guys me Kamal from Himalayan country Nepal, also i want lose my weight in certain period, i am just 25 years old and my weight is 75kg and height is 5'3", which one is the best for lose my weight. And i want ask you if it possible lose in one month training. And please describe me how to start and are that type of gym hall in Nepal any contact of your. And i am listing about personal fitness trainer, actually what are they and how to do, what they can help us from another city to in Nepal?
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this, too. I've been thinking about personal training. Just not sure if it would be a good move financially.