Need Skin and Hair Care tips while swimming!

Options
Hi, I need some valuable skin and hair care tips as I have started to swim daily. Especially the chlorine in the water scares me

Replies

• quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Get a swim cap for your hair!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Always shower after getting out of the pool.

Invest in moisturizing body wash.

Buy shower shoes....actually this should be #1.

Buy moisturizing lotion w/ sun screen (yes you can find it).

Chap stick.

Swim cap.

Leave in conditioner for when you get out of the pool and don't want to shampoo your hair.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    There are shampoos, conditioners and body washes specifically made for chlorine (I got samples in a goody bag for a tri i did). I don't know the brand name though and have no idea if they actually work.
  • DanceFittDiva
    DanceFittDiva Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Get a swim cap for your hair!

But just an FYI... swim caps do not keep your hair from getting wet and getting chlorine in it. I was a swimmer for a good portion of my life and the purpose of swim caps is to make you more streamlined in the water. Unless you are not going to be submerging your head fully in water, it won't do much good with keep the chemicals out of your hair. Just wanted to clarify that.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Always shower after getting out of the pool.

Invest in moisturizing body wash.

Buy shower shoes....actually this should be #1.

Buy moisturizing lotion w/ sun screen (yes you can find it).

Chap stick.

Swim cap.

Leave in conditioner for when you get out of the pool and don't want to shampoo your hair.

^This. But...put the leave in conditioner in your hair before you get in the water and shower immediately after and use a clarifying shampoo and a good conditioner.
  • fisher201257
    fisher201257 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi

I swim 4 or 5 times a week & I use ION Daily Solutions swimmers shampoo & conditioner (google it) I sometimes use the spray leave in conditioner. It does leave my hair very soft & shiney. :smile: