How heavy of weights-30 day shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• three36love
    three36love Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of level 1. I started with 5lbs but yesterday they had gotten too easy so I upped it to 8lbs. It feels like a way better workout now. Depending on the exercises in level 2, I might go back to 5 for a while.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Kind of embarrassing but I don't live near a store with weights lol! I will be going this weekend so right now I'm using a bottle of water haha! I didn't know what else to use!

That's a fabulous idea! I used soup cans when I first started and didn't have weights.

I use 3lb weights right now, thinking of getting some 5lb this weekend.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    apart from weights is there and other equipment needed to do this?

A yoga mat, definitely a yoga mat!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Kind of embarrassing but I don't live near a store with weights lol! I will be going this weekend so right now I'm using a bottle of water haha! I didn't know what else to use!

Target, Walmart, Kmart....all have weights.

EDIT: I use 3lb for some parts, 5 lb for others. I think I may need to purchase 8lbs for parts of it, though.
  • belligerent599
    Options
    I use 12's for everything except the chest fly, wherein I use 20's.
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I use two 500ml water bottles, they are only a little more 1lb. The bigger bottles are hard to hold on too. Something is better than nothing right?
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I use 5's, 8's, 10's and 15s. Depending on the muscle group.
  • ddarold
    ddarold Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Using 3lb but need to move up to 5lb
  • JustAGirl0916
    JustAGirl0916 Posts: 1,020
    Options
    So I bought 3lbs this weekend and will move up to 5 lbs next week and then I will be getting an 8 lb weight. I'm new to working out really so I didn't want to kill myself lol!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have one 30 miles away and I will be getting some this weekend. I know I live where there is NOTHING lol! I was thinking of going with 3 lbs. I don't want to be bulky just toned.

there is absolutely NO WAY that you could get bulky using something above 3 lbs, ever. :flowerforyou:
    Try 5 lbs. 3 lbs is not enough of a challenge as you progress through the levels and have to travel 30 miles to get new ones. Unless this is your first exercise EVER, then try 3 lbs.
    Again, YOU WILL NOT GET BULKY! Check out all the success stories on here related to 30DS and heavy lifting.

Just wanted to ditto this. I'd get 3 and 5 pound weights. FYI, you can also use empty gallon jugs as weights. Completely full, they weigh about 8 pounds.