It's new to me!

Options
Hi, my name is Cathy. I'm a young 47. I was informed of this website quite sometime ago by a nutritionist. I never followed her advice and used the tool. I recently came across it again and I have been tracking my food, etc. I'm loving this. I have 100+ lbs to lose and I'm committed to doing this. If there are any ladies out there that would like to be a support to one another, please contact me. If you live in the Everett, WA area, I would love a workout partner of some sort. I'm thinking of joining a gym for $10 a month. Would love to speak to the ladies out there that are in need of a weight loss buddy. I wish you all the best of success in your journey!

Replies

• all1want4summer
    Options
    I'm here for you! Over the last year I've gained back all my hard work :( We can do this!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Glad you found the site, tracking everything has really helped me, that and meeting people that are on the same journey has been the best thing. I've got about 95 lbs more to go to reach my ultimate goal! If you'd like to add me please do :)
  • gwcowgirl
    gwcowgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cathy! I also live in the PacNW. I'm 38 and have about 35 lbs to go, not quite halfway through my weight loss journey. I log daily and would be glad to help motivate and encourage! Please feel free to add me. =)
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi Cathy, welcome to MFP! I too am 47 years young. I have about 65 lbs yet to lose (lost 24 since 1/3/13). MFP is a great tool, but it only works if you make the effort. Log everything you eat and all the exercise you get and you will begin to see results. Send me a friend request if you'd like.
  • cathkitty70
    cathkitty70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yes, we can do this! I gained back 85 pounds I had lost a few years ago and I must get it back off! My biggest issue is eating at night. I get hungry at 8-10pm and I feel like munching. I need to nip that quick!! We will support each other through this...it can only get better! Hang in there and keep in touch! :wink:
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi Cathy you are welcome to add me. when I reach my goal weight my total weight loss will be 114 pounds. I went from 250 pounds to my current 175. 30 pounds away from my goal now