What to do with PB2

Options
13»

Replies

• bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I bought PB2 because I love peanut butter in my oatmeal, but didn't want all the extra calories. :-)
    :glasses: Just saw something yesterday about this "PB2" so this post caught my eye. Was only curious until I read this^^^ I :heart: peanut butter and adding this to my oatmeal sounds Yum Yum.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I've been using it to put on top of my apples.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've been using it to put on top of my apples.

Try mixing with Greek yogurt and a bit of honey. Awesome fruit dip
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Well....you asked.....

I would throw it in the garbage.

How do you take a wonderful food like peanuts and take out all the good parts and then make it into some bionic powder?

And, more to the point, WHY?????????

Peanut butter is nutritious and delicious and full of minerals your body can use. What IS powdered, low fat, low cal peanut stuff?

WHY??? do you care what anyone else eats? Mellow out. I think everyone knows that peanut butter is yummy and good for you, but obviously it is very high in fat and calories. PB2 is a good option for people trying to lose weight.

For the OP, check out Bell Plantation's site for lots of recipes:

http://www.bellplantation.com/recipes

<<< Lost 87 lbs eating Jif natural creamy peanut butter on a regular basis. Peanut butter has lots of healthy fats that the body needs to regulate hormones. When you cut too much fat out of your diet, you risk causing yourself some problems in the long term. Trust me, I know, I've had the grehlin-induced binges where I could not be satisfied.

PB2 is an option. Just because it is less calories and fat doesn't mean that it's a good option.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Damn, people are uptight. :noway:

Just because someone buys PB2 doesn't mean they are never in their entire lives ever going to eat peanut butter again. How about, it's an option for other things. As an example, in our smoothies, since it's less of a mess and even less calories but you're getting the taste you want.

I, too, eat Peanut Butter every day. I love it. Probably would die without it. BUT, I like PB2 for other things.

Geezus people.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Well you may call us uptight but the fact of the matter is that PB2 doesn't taste good.

Furthermore (and more importantly) it upsets Mr. Peanut.

And this is what happened last time Mr. Peanut got upset.

mrpeanut_zps5d79c7fd.gif
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Hey Cr,

Can you get it in the UK or did you taste it in the states?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Well you may call us uptight but the fact of the matter is that PB2 doesn't taste good.

Furthermore (and more importantly) it upsets Mr. Peanut.

And this is what happened last time Mr. Peanut got upset.

mrpeanut_zps5d79c7fd.gif

:laugh:

It's still made out of peanuts, it's just made a different way.
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I look at it suspiciously on the shelf.

I was looking for almond butter a few weeks back and saw it, and I too looked at it suspiciously. Today, I went for more almond butter and thought I would give it a chance as I had seen a lot of talk about it.

Holy hell! I love it! I mixed it up and added some honey, then dipped apples in it! AWESOME!!!!

Can't wait to get home to let my wife try it.
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump