Bands you wouldn't expect to be so good live..

Options
classycouture
classycouture Posts: 888 Member
Presidents of the United States of America

I saw them for the first time last night at the Paradise Rock Club in Boston... AMAZING show! I don't know if it's because I've been listening to them for over 15 years (my 3rd grade teacher played "Peaches" in class one day and I was hooked ever since!), but they put on an overall fantastic show!! I will definitely make it a point to see them the next time they come around!

So, what bands blew you away you when you saw them live?

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Weird Al. No joke, that man is amazing live!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I love the Paradise Rock Club! I haven't been since the remodel though....

as for bands:

John Butler Trio live is amazing
    State Radio
    Gov't Mule
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Weird Al. No joke, that man is amazing live!

LOL....I literally burst out laughing here! I LOVE Weird Al!!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I will be ridiculed and hated and possibly dropped from so many FL but I don't care.

Nickelback
  • KCGettinFit2014
    Options
    I saw Gob many years ago live. Never really cared for them until I saw them live. Happily surprised!
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Dethklok. Their bassist is literally white haired/bearded and rocks out like someone half his age. GREAT show.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    And my classical music/rock music loving side rears its head...Trans-Siberian Orchestra is AMAZING in concert.
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Nickelback but their concert, I'm embarassed to say , was surprisingly really good (husbands a big fan)
    There was a light show, there was fire, there was smoke, they had drum solo's, it was loud and only got louder the longer they played.
  • CeCe_711
    CeCe_711 Posts: 35
    Options
    Neon Trees. Seriously - they sound nothing like the pop**** that is played on the radio. They are intense and their stage presence is incredible.
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    NOFX! love them, always have always will.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Apocalyptica (Finnish cello metal band)

I was so worried about seeing them live. Thought it would really boring. I love their music but didn't think they were the type of band to see live. It was actually a great gig. I had a great time :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    New Order
    Weezer
    The Coral
  • classycouture
    Options
    Dethklok. Their bassist is literally white haired/bearded and rocks out like someone half his age. GREAT show.

My boyfriend just mentioned them to me! We'll have to keep our eyes out for a show!
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Also, Judas Priest, I saw them about a year ago. How can it be possible to sing like that at 60 years of age? Seriously Mr Rob Halford, HOW?
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    I will be ridiculed and hated and possibly dropped from so many FL but I don't care.

Nickelback

If you find your self friendless after this confession, you can send me a request. I love Nickelback and have seen them twice and will go see them every chance I get. I don't understand why everyone hates them so much.
  • classycouture
    Options
    Tenacious D is also fantastic! Their acoustic show is killer! Such talent!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hoobastank. Black Stone Cherry.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I've been to a woefully small amount of concerts, including Radiohead and the Beastie Boys which you would expect to be awesome.

The Toadies were incredible, and I'm sure most probably thought of them as a one hit wonder.