Replies

• suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    This really does make me think it is do-able. I was a size 22 when I started and weigh 285lbs. Now 2 months later I have lost 24 lbs and it feels pretty good I am not going to lie. I hope I am close to where you are in 9 months, you look wonderful!!!!! Oh and what is your height and start weight? Just wondering, again you look so wonderful even that smile on your face is huge. Keep it up girl :)
  • Princesa4u
    Princesa4u Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic! Thanks for sharing. I love success stories!! Keep up the great work!!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • kmartinko
    kmartinko Posts: 114
    Options
    I love Zumba and I am hoping to get the same results as you. What a fantastic job!!! You look amazing.
  • shaggydaddy
    Options
    8523266072_e8fba85d00.jpg
    IMG_2653 by jazzyali1323, on Flickr

Sometimes I can't believe that I've come this far in my getting healthy journey.

In 9 months, I've lost 86 pounds, 12" in my waist and hips, 7" in my chest. I've gone from a size 22 and am now in a size 12.

How? I do Zumba 4-5 times a week, but it's like Zumba Extreme. I burn an average of 3500 calories a week. My instructor (the lady in the blue dress) integrates strength training into her choreography which I love. This last month, I've added 3 days of strength training to help shape my muscles more. For the first 7 months I did My Fit Foods (prepackaged, clean and healthy meals) for all 5 meals, but now I just do it for dinner and create my own healthy meals for breakfast, lunch and snacks

I never thought I'd be able to lose weight, I've always been obese/overweight. It's taken ALOT of hard work, but I am determined. I have some size goals I want to reach, but I have NO idea what I'll look like at that point, this is the smallest I've ever been, which is kind of fun.

So if you are reading this trying to be inspired- you CAN do it!! Just take it one small goal at a time!

How awesome! You look great! You are def an inspiration!
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This really does make me think it is do-able. I was a size 22 when I started and weigh 285lbs. Now 2 months later I have lost 24 lbs and it feels pretty good I am not going to lie. I hope I am close to where you are in 9 months, you look wonderful!!!!! Oh and what is your height and start weight? Just wondering, again you look so wonderful even that smile on your face is huge. Keep it up girl :)

I am 5'10" and started at 283, and was a 22... Girl it IS doable. Just set small monthly goals and keep motivated! Surround yourself with people who BELIEVE in YOU! Good luck!
  • birdbrainy
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just, wow.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I stand and applaud for you, you deserve it. We all know how hard it is and seeing these pics really motivate me to keep at it. Thanks for sharing.
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you are looking great. Well done!
  • aubdavisniu
    Options
    I'm starting zumba today and your story has inspired me. I'm a size 22 and I am ready to get back to a size 12. I've been overweight for about 2 years now after going through a rough marriage and a miscarriage. I'm finally trying to get my life together and get back to a healthy size for my body. Thanks for the inspiring story! Good luck with your journey :)
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    You ain't kidding! You look amazing! Congrats on all the hard work and keep it up ;)
  • cjaynep
    cjaynep Posts: 40
    Options
    Amazing, wish i had read this before I ate that coleslaw earlier haha. It might have given me more will power:) You're pretty much where I want to be. I started a size 24/26 and would love to be size 14 again :) Great encouragement reading your story, I think the word 'inspiration' is knocked about too much but in your case it's well deserved :)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You look Wonderful!!!
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo!!!! You are Queen! Great job. :flowerforyou:
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing work. Congrats on achieving your goals!
  • king8747
    king8747 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    LOVE ZUMBA!! And you look GREAT!! Congrats. Love the dress...both of them!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!