Vegetarian/Vegans ???

Options
I'm trying my best to become a vegetarian ,and than working my way into becoming an Vegan. I haven't had any meat since last Friday just fish. I can't go completely cold turkey just yet LOL. But I'm looking for some great recipes. I feel like I eat the same meals all the come, and it's becoming redundantly boring. I'm also going to whole foods this weekend, and was wondering whats some good vegetarian and vegan items I can add to the list?

Replies

• mnpitza
    mnpitza Posts: 6
    Options
    I really love quinoa; it's so versatile! You can mix in black beans/ veggies/ spices for savory dishes or add almond milk, fruits and agave for breakfast. Plus it has pretty decent protein. Chia seeds are also good as well- you can bake with them or add it to coconut milk to make pudding.

Best of luck on your new journey!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I eat vegetarian at least 3 dinners per week, if not more... feel free to creep my profile for ideas. Do you mind if I ask why you want to be vegan? I don't like how our meat is mass produced, so I buy local and hormone free, and I eat WAY less of it. never a whole portion of meat - one chicken breast is divided between the five of us in a main dish with other ingredients... Just curious
  • ehrenlynae
    Options
    There is a group on this site called Happy Herbivores. It's vegetarian / vegans. I'm not full on veg but eat a lot of meatless dishes so I lurk there a lot. Beans are personally my favorite. The best rule I read on a blog, and follow when you need to come up with a meal choose a grain, a green and a bean and you will be covered. It doesn't have to be fancy :-) Google No Meat Athlete. He has a great vegetarian blog.

I would also advise to just start slow. Commit to going meatless 3x a week or whatever works for you. Good luck!
  • esmesmomma
    esmesmomma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My favorite website for veg food is http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com

check out Chloe Coscarelli too. she's an amazing vegan chef.