blerghhh can you see any difference?? (pics)

Options
There's roughly a 17lb difference here....my clothes feel like they fit better but I canNOT for the life of me see any difference, and that is SO frustrating. At this rate I'm worried I won't look any better even if I reach goal!

Anyone?

5'8" SW 174 CW 157 GW 138.

174: vgyt5.jpg

157:2ivl5ck.jpg

UGHHHhhhh its so frustrating to see no change!

ETA: HOLY MACKEREL so huge! trying to resize....

Replies

• silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i had to view the second pic on the original website as it went off the screen but i think your upper arms and waist have trimmed up. if you aren't seeing results, i highly recommend taking measurements and saving them on here - you can add different body areas too (as i hate that my upper arms don't seem to be doing anything). it's nice to see the measurements getting smaller as well as the scales!
  • ShaneRahman
    Options
    I can see a difference trust, your doing well girl. Keep it up. What training are you doing?
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Everything looks much tighter and firmer! You're doing great! Seriously, keep up the good work. Eventually your brain will catch up and realize how awesome you look!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I guess I just thought 17lbs sounds like so much...I dunno.

To those who asked my workouts are mostly running (I trained for and ran a half marathon and then started on the next) and I also do free weights for strength training. To be fair, my strength regimen is not very organized or stringent, so maybe I should really kick that up a notch.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I can see quite a big difference, the second pic you look leaner all over... it seems that the fat's come off very evenly so the individual details look kind of the same (maybe you're focusing on individual details so not seeing the bigger picture?), but you do look smaller all over, maybe it'll take more loss in lbs to see the changes that you want to see (e.g. if you're going for muscle definition or something).. but keep going

ETA: you look fantastic btw. both pics you look good, the 2nd pic fantastic :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. There's a big difference. Nice job.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    definitely see a difference. and remember, sometimes you'll notice it more in how clothing fits, how you feel, and (in my case) not hearing those old man noises when you sit down or get up :)
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Your waist is more defined! Keep up the good work.
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same. Ive lost 29lb and although from my heaviest I can tell, but I have pics where I was 14lb heavier and in some I think I look slimmer! I know I've lost a few inches but it is not the dramatic change that I was hoping for x
  • MomOnFire53
    MomOnFire53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! You are leaner all over but esp in the waist & arms...way to go!! We are all our worst critics (I know I am)...congrats on the 17 lbs!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I think there is a pretty big difference in the way you look. You look amazing btw.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I can a big difference your body looks a lot better for sure not that it was terrible to begin with but it looks fantastic
  • tenkesh
    tenkesh Posts: 81
    Options
    You look leaner, but to get greater results implement weight lifting into your program. It will shape your body much better than running could ever do. And not in a bulky way, women can't really get bulky without steroids, it's even hard for men to get huge muscle growth, for women it's almost impossible.
  • ds1007
    ds1007 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Your arms definitely look more toned! :smile:
  • msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I absolutely see a difference! You look great! :) Keep up the hard work, whatever you're doing! And your skin looks a lot clearer in the 2nd picture too... are you drinking more water? I noticed mine cleared up significantly when I started drinking more.
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Um you can absolutely 100% see a difference! You look fantastic!!
  • returnonetime
    returnonetime Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with tenkesh start something like stronglifts or starting strength and you will see a good difference. But you can definitely see the hard work you have put in, keep it up.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! It is sooo hardto see it in myself so it was really great to hear positive feedback.

Yeah, I like running because I like the extra calories, but I definitely agree lifting would be a good idea....right now my gym is only dumbbells...do you all think I can get a good start without bars?
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Keep it up I can see a difference you are toning up.
    Your arms are slimmer, your stomach is smaller, your doing good.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Your arms definitely look more toned. And your boobs are a bit smaller I think! Lol