Favorite Herbs and Spices

Options
I usually skip the sauces, and the dressings.

My favorite, and most used spice is Smoked Paprika - it smells like bacon and makes everything delicious. I love it on my roasted veggies, salads, eggs, potatoes

As I don't do dressing, I'm loving chopped fresh basil in my salads for an added kick of flavour. It reminds me of fennel, or licorice. As well as dill in/on EVERYTHING.

Also, garlic cloves are appropriate on everything. Including treats, like waffles (seriously, spread some roasted garlic on them)

What are your favorites?

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I love garlic, too!!

I like to put cumin on all my veggies now.
  • cidalia73
    cidalia73 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...the smoked paprika sounds yummy. Oddly, even though I've used paprika, I've never tried smoked paprika. Will have to get some.

I love rosemary (with olive oil) for baking or sauteeing potatoes.

Curry (with some turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne) is yummy for when I'm in the mood for Indian-style.

Cinnamon...mmm...

Fresh cilantro. I didn't like it much the first time I tried it, but I love it now...in Asian-style soups, Mexican-style soups, and a bit in salads once in a while.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Smoked paprika, cayenne, chili pepper, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, cajun seasoning
    I love cilantro and parsley!
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Love dill on my salads. Fresh is better, of course, but I also keep my pantry stocked with dried.

Also love a good recipe with thyme in it. Just made a delicious beef soup with thyme... also will use it on baked potatoes. Also use it (together with shallots, orange juice, and balsamic vinegar) to make my own salad dressing. The list goes on...

Otherwise, love my cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, fresh or ground ginger for oatmeal and all sorts of baked goods. Reminds me of pumpkin pie. Omnomnomnom. Just made healthy pumpkin muffins... Even though the recipe didn't call for those ingredients, I added them all in. Super delicious.