Options
how do you stay active when the weather is[not warm but] HOT?:glasses:
p.s my house doesnt have AC:sad:
how do you stay motivated?:grumble:

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Am I right in assuming you don't have a gym membership? if not, go mall walking...it's got AC and you can get in a good workout if you go in the AM usually the doors are open well before the stores actually open. Swimming at your nearest pool is an option, usually only a couple of bucks, and it's a fantastic full body workout, and you cool off! there's always, indoor tennis, AC there as well, I play frequently indoors when the temp is ridiculous outside.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've been alternating early morning bike rides and swimming in the local lake instead of going to the gym. Either way, I have to do it first thing in the morning, before my brain has a chance to register how hot it really is and gets lazy! 102 degrees in northern Mass = NOT my favorite weather :grumble:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Eat watermelon.
    Drink lemonade.
    Stick one foot in a foot soak composed of icy water--it will cool the entire body via the circulatory system.
    A fan does wonders--all that air flowing over you.
    Plus all those airconditioned exercises mentioned above will be good.
    Hugs (long distance) from a Southerner. ;):drinker:
  • conflictedlikethe5thdimension
    Options
    i dont swim well so i avoid swimming. i look like a dying fish!:sad: :blushing: ......:ohwell:
    but the mall idea was good.:flowerforyou:
    so was doing activities early in the morning:flowerforyou:
    though id have to change my sleep schedule:grumble:
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    I would trade my crappy 50 degree 100% humidity no sun weather for yours any day. I cant get motivated either!!
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    you can go out as the sun goes down too. Its 100 here in VA and HUMID!! I go a gym,....but even getting there is too hot!
  • SilverRoxy
    SilverRoxy Posts: 64
    Options
    I know how ridiculous this might sound, but you have to burn more calories when you work out in the heat, right? Or is this just me trying to compensate for cutting my workout super short this week. haha.
    Options
    i dont think you burn more calories. I think you sweat more ....so you drink more water... therefore your fuller and eat less{calories}. is that logical? thats just my guess though lol.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I am jumping in a lake after work for a swim ... for 2 hours I figure ... everyone from work is going, we're shutting down early

I normally run in the mornings, but a Cougar was spotted across the street from my place last night, so I'm not running alone, ever again ...

I hate cougars, three people minimum here get attacked every summer
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    for those who have to work outside, your best option is to do am work outs, hill walks or runs ... I used to run at 6 am, before it got stupid hot ... or run later at night ... after 9 pm ... but who wants to do that pfffft
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Its starting to get hot here too ..and I HATE heat as I get really bad migraines.. even the fitness center in our apt bldg is too hot..What I'm going to do is get up with hubby at 5am and go for a bike ride. Its light out then and cooler so I can at least get in an hour ride to get moving. I am not a strong swimmer at all either so any pool time for me will be just for cooling down.
    Options
    any suggestions how to easily and quickly change my sleep schedule?