Replies

• CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    love eggs
  • allikat93
    allikat93 Posts: 236
    Options
    I love my eggs. Tried to do a 'Healthier' scrambled egg with just whites but ICKY!! A yolk makes the egg. I love a good fried egg.. Solid whites with a deliciously runny yolk. Let that soak into my bread (and of course lick the plate. Gotta make sure I get every single calorie in me.. At least that is what I tell myself to rationalize me licking my plate...)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    My favourite go-to breakfast - Steamed Broccoli, chopped soft boiled eggs with the yolks drooling all over the broccoli, and some Tabasco - YUM
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Only whole eggs! Once over easy with 1/2 a sweet potato that has been shredded and cooked like hasbrowns in coconut oil. Its delish, I'm not yoking...
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I always eat my yolks! If a recipe calls for just whites (ex. meringue) then I toss my yolks in some boiling water and eat them with a dash of salt when they're done. Yummy! My favourite ways of eating eggs are: scrambled, fried, and hardboiled.

I can't bear to let so much of the egg go to waste by dumping the yolk.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I just boiled some broccoli because I needed some water and vitamin C to meet my nutrition targets but didn't have enough calories for the broccoli. What? People throw away egg yolks because they only wanted protein, what I'm doing is no crazier.
  • croooz
    croooz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just don't over do the cholesterol and you'll be fine.

Since I started eating 2 dozen or more eggs per week, my so-called good cholesterol has gone up and my so-called bad cholesterol has gone down. My "good" is higher than my "bad. I eat the whole egg. 3-5 per day. Fresh from the farm. There is no scientific evidence that dietary cholesterol is linked to your blood cholesterol. Also, Cholesterol is important for your body to produce proper amounts of sex hormones (testosterone, estrogen, progesterone)

Me too! I buy mine from a local farm. The chickens are not grain-fed so they eat all the bugs and stuff they can find and those eggs are delicious. I try to eat 6 eggs a day...and my numbers have gotten better. Eating natural is the only way to go. I'm not afraid of the myths but my doctor seems to think I'm an anomaly...and so is my wife...and so is our cousin...and my pastor....and his wife.... It seems we're all anomalies...and we all eat eggs daily...

Eat dem der eggs, yolks and all!
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    Speaking of sandwiches with eggs, a few years ago I spent a few days in Sevilla, Spain. At the diner in the hotel, I ordered what sounded like a club sandwich (there was a communication barrier). It came with an egg sunny side up inside of it. That was a little unexpected but that was a good sandwich.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have an egg sunny side up (no oil) which even has some of the white runny, every morning on brown rice. UUUHH the exploding yolk makes me squeal! So sick of all the yolk haters on MFP. Yolks have lots of good nutrients for eyesight etc as well, you NEED them!!

mmmmmmmm yolks <3
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    love yolks...have you tried making coconut pecan frosting for a German chocolate cake without yolks?!? not possible! it's all about the custard effect...

eggs are awesome. so versitile...omlettes, crepes, casserole, salad toppers, meatloaf binders...(drool)