Can you never eat another hot dog?

Options
2»

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love Ball park fat free franks..............now, they will still have alot of sodium, but only 50 calories per dog............that is the choice you have to make...............hotdog or no hotdog, sodium versus fat and sugar, etc. I still love me a chili dog..............
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I could definitely live the rest of my life an never eat another hot dog.... or raw turnip for that matter, or banana flavored runt- or any of the foods I happen to just not like.

I don't to eat meat, but I think that if you do, you might as wells eat what you like in moderation. When I did eat meat I'd eat any part of the animal, it died so I could eat it, I should do it the favor of not wasting it. Just my thoughts. (Chicken livers and gizzards =yumm yumm)
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite meal in the whole world is grilled Costco hotdogs and my Mom's macaroni salad. LOL. Since they live 3000 miles away, I don't have it often. I am going home Sept and you bet I am going to indulge in those hotdogs. :laugh:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options

Draw back to getting preservative free hot dogs are they go bad really, really fast and they are a bit pricier............but well worth the money...........
    [/quote]

Can you freeze them and just take one out when you need it?
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try a Hebrew National. :happy:

I agree.. Hebrew National 97% fat free beef hot dogs... they don't set you back real hard on the calories, but they taste very good in my opinion.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I had a DELICIOUS chicken and mango sausage- hot dog-essque, this weekend that are like 100 calories and 3 grams of fat. YUMMERS!! Totally worth it!! :) They're made by Amylu's!!

I can't give up the hot dogs either!!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hebrew National 97% ff all beef...mmm...
  • eliblish
    eliblish Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Draw back to getting preservative free hot dogs are they go bad really, really fast and they are a bit pricier............but well worth the money...........

[/quote]

I always freeze mine. I buy in bulk when they go on sale. I can't tell a difference!
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I agree with most people here. A few in the summer time really hits the spot. I totally block out any of the "many animal parts"...that may be in there. I try to go for all beef as well. SO enjoy....dont sweat the small stuff!!!
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I watched the Nathan's hot dog eating contest. The winner ate 50-something dogs in ten minutes. This should have grossed me out but all it did was make me crave hot dogs!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think I will pick some up. I was thinking of splitting them into baggies of two and freezing them...
  • My45Chelle
    My45Chelle Posts: 18
    Options
    I want to thank everyone for their input and suggestions. I know that eliminating favorite foods can cause a binge if not careful, but was more interested in finding a good substitute. I need to watch my sodium intake and that is a main concern regarding the hot dogs. I only buy beef dogs, but am willing to try the "Amylu's" and some chicken varieties. I disliked the turkey dogs due to taste and sodium levels. Thanks again.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I usually eat turkey dogs, but the store didnt have them...so I got regular. They were sooo gooood! But sooo many calories and fat ; (
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

I always freeze mine. I buy in bulk when they go on sale. I can't tell a difference!

I don't know to be honest. I usually buy 6 as you buy them individually, not in a bundle and they are like 2.00 a piece. So, I usually buy 6, throw them on the charcoal grill and we eat them with fresh relish, mustard, onions and cheese.

I don't eat bread with mine, so I just cut it up in a bowl and pour the condiments on top and eat it like that. My hubby does eat the bread................
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Though I try to make healthy choices, I eat anything I want within my daily caloric limit.

Enjoy a hot dog now and then!

This has been my tactic and I've lost just over 70 pounds now. The trick I think is to not deny yourself any specific foods. It makes it easier when you tell yourself that you can at anything you want, even if you decide that something isn't really worth the number of calories it contains.

I eat whatever I want, and count every bite.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I buy all natural preservative free beef reduced fat hot dogs from Hebrew National (110 cals). As long as you're only eating one once in a while, no harm done!

hebrew National Hotdoges are not preservative free...............they have nitrates in them. Any hot dog you buy our of the refrigerator case at the grocery is going to have preservatives so they can sit in the plastic package on the shelf.

If you can find fresh made frankfurters in the deli case or at a meat market, those are going to be preservative free.

Also the hebrew national hot dogs (redeuced fat ones) contain soy, which if someone has thyroid issues that is a big no no.
    INGREDIENTS: Beef, Water, Contains 2% or less of: Salt, Sodium Lactate, Spice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Paprika, Sodium Diacetate, Garlic Powder, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, Flavorings. CONTAINS: Soy
  • buttabean14
    Options
    i don't know if anyone mentioned these or not, but I purchase Hebrew National 97% fat free hotdogs. They only come from the "good" half of beef and are only 40 calories. :-) The carbs in the bun is what gets me, so I usually eat them bunless. :)
  • My45Chelle
    My45Chelle Posts: 18
    Options
    The answer is yes, I can and will eat another hot dog! I went to Trader Joe's and bought their all natural uncured beef hot dogs. The ingredients are things that I can recognize, pronounce and it doesn't contain "mystery meat fillers." I still plan on trying an vegetarian alternate, just to have more than one choice. :happy: