New Activities

Options
So, I just read another MFP member's account of rock climbing for the first time, and it had me googling local rock climbing places lol.

Right now, I'm doing the Insanity DVD, but I know I don't want the whole rest of my life to be "working out" I have 4 little kids, and once I hit goal, I'd much rather set an example in our family of general activity - not of "doing exercise" I know it works for some, I just want my kids to be active never having to dig out of an overweight pit! Plus, since I'm busy with them anyway, it'd be better to get my "exercise" in while I'm hanging out with them instead of having to carve out extra time to do my exercise.

So, my hubby and I are getting bikes and bike trailer for the littles so we can bike with them (my youngest are 1 year and 2 years, the older two are 5 & 4, so they can ride their own bikes) - then I heard about rock climbing, and thought it would be great for me and hubby now and soon, for the kids too.

Basically, I'm asking everyone what their fav "activity" is, over and above "exercise" at the gym.

Replies

• mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    We like to go on family hikes. We pick a new place and pack a lunch. We have a lot of fun as a family and get some exercise in ~ win/win :smile:
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have 2 boys, 12 & 13, so we find ourselves in the driveway playing 2 on 2 basketball quite a bit. We throw a baseball and Frisbee around but that's not really exercise. We also hunt and when you're carrying stuff in snow that IS exercise. Family walks are pretty common to in the summer.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to go hiking, just me and my youngest daughter are the only ones who enjoy it tho...so we don't get to do it as often as we'd like.
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Fun times with the fam :)
  • weesinglane
    Options
    Gyms really bore me, so I take classes! Bikram Yoga and circuit training are my faves. :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My default workout is to use the Wii, but I also hike, bike, dance and sail. In the summer, sailing weekends also mean swimming, since we stay out all weekend.