Closet Shopping!

Options
Cherie0622
Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
We just moved into a new apartment. All of my clothes got mixed up by the time they got to the new closet. I was looking for a pair of jeans to wear today and grabbed a pair that I knew whould fit me. I put them on and felt a little different. I don't know what it was that caused me to check, but I looked at the tag. It read size 14 (I'm coming from a 16-18)! I started to go through all my pants with excitement! In my head, I'm thinking, "What can 20lbs buy me?" Well, I'll tell you what I "bought".

I got 2 pairs of dress pants
3 pairs of jeans
1 pair of work pants that were $10 off! (they had a $10 bill in the pocket!)

I like this kind of shopping! The currency is in pounds or inches lost rather than dollars and cents. You don't have a crazy sales lady following you around. AND everything that does fit you, you are bound to like since you've picked it out before : )

Also, I put 3 pairs of jeans aside for next time since they give me a muffin top at the moment. The best part: They'll still be there when I'm ready to "buy".

Anyone else been closet shopping lately?

Has anyone else

Replies

• Staci64
    Staci64 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Love this!!
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love this! What a great story. Unfortunately, I got rid of a lot of my "skinny" clothes long ago.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I am working on it
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Awesome ..... that's the best kind of shopping :laugh:
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Counting down the days for my closet shopping. I'm working up the nerve to try the jeans I most recently "grew" out of, but I'm afraid to do it too early and discourage myself. Baby steps! Can't wait!
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Counting down the days for my closet shopping. I'm working up the nerve to try the jeans I most recently "grew" out of, but I'm afraid to do it too early and discourage myself. Baby steps! Can't wait!

If you can't fit in them now, don't let it discourage you. You'll get there and it'll be worth it!

There once was a penniless, divorced mother who was rejected by publishers 12 times. She is now best known for writing the Harry Potter books : )

So what if the pants don't fit. Try again later and keep Logging <3
  • SMMiller712
    Options
    That is hilarious because I did THE SAME EXACT THING last night. I was fitting into clothes that I had not fit into since the summer before last. . . Also found an old weight loss log book I had and saw that 2 yeas ago I was still 10 pounds heavier than I am now. So happy I found MFP and made some great friends.
  • NaeTrujillo
    Options
    I haven't gone shoping yet a i'm only 8 lbs down but I have a section of shirts on "hold" that i'm very excited for :)
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I recently had to dress up for a function and was DELIGHTED that so many of my "tight" clothes looked great and my "favorites" were baggy! I'm only down 4 lbs and it made a huge difference!
  • JenevaMarie
    JenevaMarie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is the best kind of shopping :)
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat, I moved earlier this month and I'm having a blast now taking my time unpacking my clothes (ranging from size 4-14) and delighted that I am in a size 8 now, which is majority of my wardrobe! In fact one of the main things motivating me to lose weight was not wanting to have to go and buy all new clothes in fatter sizes yet again so it is THRILLING!!

Congrats! :-)
  • Chaparrita26
    Chaparrita26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OMG! this is great! I did closet inventory I made a list of all my skinny clothes and when I expect they will fit again. Can't wait for my first shopping spree (:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    We just moved into a new apartment. All of my clothes got mixed up by the time they got to the new closet. I was looking for a pair of jeans to wear today and grabbed a pair that I knew whould fit me. I put them on and felt a little different. I don't know what it was that caused me to check, but I looked at the tag. It read size 14 (I'm coming from a 16-18)! I started to go through all my pants with excitement! In my head, I'm thinking, "What can 20lbs buy me?" Well, I'll tell you what I "bought".

I got 2 pairs of dress pants
    3 pairs of jeans
    1 pair of work pants that were $10 off! (they had a $10 bill in the pocket!)

I like this kind of shopping! The currency is in pounds or inches lost rather than dollars and cents. You don't have a crazy sales lady following you around. AND everything that does fit you, you are bound to like since you've picked it out before : )

Also, I put 3 pairs of jeans aside for next time since they give me a muffin top at the moment. The best part: They'll still be there when I'm ready to "buy".

Anyone else been closet shopping lately?

Has anyone else

Awesome thread idea, and congrats on the success!

Recently I "bought" two pairs of shorts and about 5 pairs of capris. They cost about 7 lbs since all of them didn't fit in my last round of closet shopping (I check monthly-ish for fit in my goal clothes).

My very favourite pair of jeans are going to cost me another 10 lbs though, so I'm saving up, so to speak!!
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    LOL: "ten dollars off" = "10 dollar bill in the pocket"....now THATS thrifty shopping :)
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    Options
    What a great idea lol I love the way you look at it. I can future cloths waiting in my closet to be bought haha
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience. But some of my new clothes that fit are so out of style they ended up in the work clothes pile. I am the smallest I"ve been since having my now 15 year old. Great feeling
  • fIashforward
    fIashforward Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LOL, Yeah. Ive got a lot of stuff that used to be a bit tight.

Kinda glad too because it being sports jerseys and tracksuits etc, every item is like €60!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    This is so cute! I'm excited to see what I can "buy" when I pull out my summer clothes that I haven't been able to wear since before I got pregnant. :)
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just did the some shopping today! I found several things that I hadn't worn in years. What a great feeling! I also had to put aside a few pants that are still a little tight. But that is going to keep me motivated!
  • erinmarispini
    erinmarispini Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I too just recently moved. I had packed up a lot of my stuff early since I have soooo many clothes. When I unpacked I found that a lot of them were too big! Yeah for me! They are now in a bag to be donated. It was great to put away in the closet the smaller sizes! I even fit into some pants that I had bought last summer that didn't fit ( they were suppose to be for motivation). They fit now and I'm stoked! Closet shopping is the BEST! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!