Yo! ......um

Options
Hey there, so I am pretty new to this site... I was introduced to it by my sister-in-law who has lost around 40 pounds with the help of this site so I figured hey I may as well try it...

My name is Naomi, I am 20 years old and have been struggling with my weight as long as I can remember, even as a kid I was self conscious about being bigger than my peers, although I never would consider myself being FAT, but I definitely am not where I'd like to be (160lbs and 5'5) When I was 17 I dropped as low as 118lbs and I was happy there, it may sound a little too thin but for my frame it was perfect, so that is my goal to get back down to that weight, or at least close to it... Let's see how this adventure goes, so far so good... I just joined a gym and have been going there every day since I joined burning at least 200 calories each visit and keeping under my calorie intake goal each day, hopefully I will find the motivation to keep going :)

Replies

• LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You will find yourself eating better when you track it. I have found a dramatic difference. When you see it in writing what you eat it can disgust you. Welcome and good luck!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck! I agree with LASTFIGHTER that once you start journaling your food, you will be more conscious of everything you eat. I will also add that you will be more aware of what a real serving is. I found that my 'I can't believe it's not butter' (and other foods) has lasted me much longer than it used to...and I still use it everyday, just now with real serving amounts. Stuff like that...

You have come to the right place for support, as well. Welcome to your journey!:drinker:
    Donna
  • crittersgirl
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck..I love this sight it is great..you will get there..:flowerforyou:
  • inpeaces
    inpeaces Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks, all :) yes I am definitely more conscious of what I am eating since I started journaling it all here, it gives me such a sense of accomplishment to be under my calorie goal each day :) great motivation