Success stories women in their 50's who have toned up

Options
13»

Replies

• gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Does 49 count?
    All Jillian Michaels, nothing but Jillian Michaels! Went from an 18 to an 8 (right now)...goal is a 6!
    Good luck with your goals!

Yes 49 is good and looks like you've done great. Going from an 18 to an 8 is fantastic, great job.
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Back in a sec, I'm just going to put the relevant pic in my profile. I started at 48 though, I'll be 50 at the start of May. I hope that counts!
  • Alkirra
    Options
    sorry its not in the thread
  • Alkirra
    Options
    :drinker:
  • JOYOUS62
    JOYOUS62 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am nearly 51 and losing the weight but need to start toning otherwise I am going to have flab everywhere :laugh:
  • gatorginger
    Options
    sorry its not in the thread

Couldn't see the picture in your profile either but thanks for wanting to share
  • blacknivory
    blacknivory Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well done for you. You look great. I have just finished New Rules of Lifting for Women Stage 2 and finally getting a bit more energy after having fatigue issues for years. I'm reading Rippetoe at the moment.
  • blacknivory
    blacknivory Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    "Thanks I really appreciate that as I am so new to all this stuff, never lifted weights, basically only thing I ever done was walking and i still do that but now I am motivated to tone up and you guys are very motivating "

You might want to have a look these MFP groups:
    New Rules of Lifting For Women (NROL4W)
    Women Strength Training
    They are great for advice and encouragement.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/californiagirl2012

Check out this 52 year old! She is awesome!
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm almost at my goal weight of 135 (5'10" tall) with 2 lbs left. I've been firming up with light weights and strength workouts. That seems for me at least to be doing the best for me. i don't have any pictures right now but I'll see what I can get. (Oh, and by the way, I'm 58, almost 59.)

What kind of strength work outs do you do and thanks can't wait to see the pictures

I have a DVD that my daughter gave me from I don't know when by Women's Health called "Look Better Naked". It has a strength workout and a metabolism workout. The strength one is my favorite but I do the metabolism one off and on also. The strength has really worked wonders at toning up. I have issues with my stomach area in particular after 3 babies, 1 c-section, and 3 intestinal surgeries ... and it's actually starting to flatten out (amazing). It's also toning up my arms. I'll look at the DVD tonight and get the actual information on it for you when I'm home.

Thanks I really appreciate that as I am so new to all this stuff, never lifted weights, basically only thing I ever done was walking and i still do that but now I am motivated to tone up and you guys are very motivating

I only use 5 lb weights too ... and started with just 2 1/2 lob weights ... so it's not like a huge amount ... and it could be less if you want. She gave me the weights, but you could even start by using a soup can or something like that for a lower weight. I didn't think I could do it, but she encouraged me and since she is a dancer (and has been since she was very little) and her mother-in-law is a dietician, she is a terrific source for me.

Hang in there ... you can do it ... even if it's small amounts.

I'm using 3 pound weights and boy do I feel it when I work out. I do find that since I started the Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones getting up after sitting for a bit on the couch I don't ach as much as I used to so I am definitely seeing so small results. (What I'm talking about is how I felt like an old person when I would go to get up from the couch after watching TV how my body didn't want to get going lol) Thanks

DVD: "Look Better Naked" by Michele Promaulayko; editor-in-chief of Women's Health with Maura Rhodes (2010)

My daughter let me borrow hers.

:wink:
  • gatorginger
    Options
    I'm almost at my goal weight of 135 (5'10" tall) with 2 lbs left. I've been firming up with light weights and strength workouts. That seems for me at least to be doing the best for me. i don't have any pictures right now but I'll see what I can get. (Oh, and by the way, I'm 58, almost 59.)

What kind of strength work outs do you do and thanks can't wait to see the pictures

I have a DVD that my daughter gave me from I don't know when by Women's Health called "Look Better Naked". It has a strength workout and a metabolism workout. The strength one is my favorite but I do the metabolism one off and on also. The strength has really worked wonders at toning up. I have issues with my stomach area in particular after 3 babies, 1 c-section, and 3 intestinal surgeries ... and it's actually starting to flatten out (amazing). It's also toning up my arms. I'll look at the DVD tonight and get the actual information on it for you when I'm home.

Thanks I really appreciate that as I am so new to all this stuff, never lifted weights, basically only thing I ever done was walking and i still do that but now I am motivated to tone up and you guys are very motivating

I only use 5 lb weights too ... and started with just 2 1/2 lob weights ... so it's not like a huge amount ... and it could be less if you want. She gave me the weights, but you could even start by using a soup can or something like that for a lower weight. I didn't think I could do it, but she encouraged me and since she is a dancer (and has been since she was very little) and her mother-in-law is a dietician, she is a terrific source for me.

Hang in there ... you can do it ... even if it's small amounts.

I'm using 3 pound weights and boy do I feel it when I work out. I do find that since I started the Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones getting up after sitting for a bit on the couch I don't ach as much as I used to so I am definitely seeing so small results. (What I'm talking about is how I felt like an old person when I would go to get up from the couch after watching TV how my body didn't want to get going lol) Thanks

DVD: "Look Better Naked" by Michele Promaulayko; editor-in-chief of Women's Health with Maura Rhodes (2010)

My daughter let me borrow hers.

:wink:
    Thanks I'll look into it. A friend of mine gave me Jillian Micahels 30 day shred. I'm not gonna do that yet as I want to keep doing the one I started for now, but I think down the road I would like to do different ones just to change it up some.
  • gatorginger
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/californiagirl2012

Check out this 52 year old! She is awesome!

She looks awesome, great inspiration. Thanks for sharing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!