Why do I do that

Options
WHY Why Why did I eat the strawberry and chocolate muffin yesterday. I would have stuck to my allowance rather than bein 441 calories over!
I knew as I was eating it that it was taking me over yet I did it anyway. Every time I do that I always tell myself, I won't do that again, you have an allowance, stick to it.
So Why do I eat the chocolate bar/ portion of Fries/ packet of.... when I know I should not.

Lack of will power? Greed?

I am not happy with myself I can tell you.

HWG

Replies

• lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up too much about it, everyone slips up once in a while. Don't lose heart, just keep going with your allowances.
    When I feel like I'm going to eat something I know I shouldn't I either have a cup of tea (helps make you feel fuller) or have something healthy instead, so I always keep fruit around. Kinda have a sweet tooth so pineapple is brilliant I find.

You can do it, just stay positive :)
  • ndnlou
    ndnlou Posts: 29
    Options
    you are human. Do not beat yourself up. I find that if I tell myself that I can not have something it makes the cravings worse and my will power goes right out the window. Allow yourself to indulge, but only have one small bite, or 1/4 of the fries, not all. Most of all I think you need to remember you are not on a diet, you are doing lifestyle modifications that will in turn help you to lose weight and improve your health. Good luck, ndnlou
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    WHY Why Why did I eat the strawberry and chocolate muffin yesterday. I would have stuck to my allowance rather than bein 441 calories over!
    I knew as I was eating it that it was taking me over yet I did it anyway. Every time I do that I always tell myself, I won't do that again, you have an allowance, stick to it.
    So Why do I eat the chocolate bar/ portion of Fries/ packet of.... when I know I should not.

HWG

One of the reasons could be because they are full of carbs and carbs are "moreish" the more you have the more you want. That is why the longer you can go without them, the cravings gradually die. They don't cease immediately though, if they did, it would be the end of all of our problems, it takes a while.

I had to go cold turkey on sweets, cakes, biscuits and chocolate, I was NEVER able to just wean myself off gradually, just ONE chocolate bar, not likely, by the end of the day the count would be up to five, six, seven or even more. However, if I never started in the first place, it wasn't so bad and then gradually, the craving disappeared and now, NOW I would rather have an omelette, chicken or quorn - I mean I must have gone insane!!! :laugh:

You'll need to use all your resources and willpower for a while to avoid them and then gradually you may find you don't even want them, let alone eat them and ruin your daily count. However, if you can eat just one, no problem, but if you're honest with yourself, can you?
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

HWG

One of the reasons could be because they are full of carbs and carbs are "moreish" the more you have the more you want. That is why the longer you can go without them, the cravings gradually die. They don't cease immediately though, if they did, it would be the end of all of our problems, it takes a while.

I had to go cold turkey on sweets, cakes, biscuits and chocolate, I was NEVER able to just wean myself off gradually, just ONE chocolate bar, not likely, by the end of the day the count would be up to five, six, seven or even more. However, if I never started in the first place, it wasn't so bad and then gradually, the craving disappeared and now, NOW I would rather have an omelette, chicken or quorn - I mean I must have gone insane!!! :laugh:

You'll need to use all your resources and willpower for a while to avoid them and then gradually you may find you don't even want them, let alone eat them and ruin your daily count. However, if you can eat just one, no problem, but if you're honest with yourself, can you?
    So true!! I can never just have one cheeto or hershey kiss. I would start out strong with one when my craving hit & then by the end of the day I would have had 15!! Then I would find myself doing crazy things to stay under calories - like eliminating my glass of milk with dinner to save calories. No wonder I felt sluggish & hungry - junk food is not fuel for a working body. I feel so much better on days where I make good choices with my foods. Stay strong & good luck!:smile:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It happens, just learn from it and move on, 400 cals one in a while isnt that big of deal
  • lulu64uk
    lulu64uk Posts: 62
    Options
    We all like to be naughty from time to time :0)))))))