Facebook rant

Options
2»

Replies

• jhealy1191
    jhealy1191 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You still have facebook?

Haha! This is starting to become my new Facebook.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I gave up on FB , MFB saves me more of ME
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing. It's usually my friends who are trying to lose weight, which is kind of sad. Pinterest recipes seem to always have a lot of fat to them, or at least that's what everyone is posting.

If I come across tasty, healthy recipes, I'll post them up in an attempt to share. When I see the fattening crap other people post, my reaction is usually to gag and keep going. Since making these healthy changes, that kind of stuff just really doesn't appeal to me very much at all.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I haven't had Facebook for over a year. It's been good that way. However I haven't stopped posting pictures of food or recipes on my blog. I make whatever I want and just let other people eat it. My blog is actually probably the worst place for someone who is trying to lose weight. I have a habit of posting gifs of fast food, cheese and pictures of monstrous food. Man vs Food style lol. I love it. I just don't eat it. It's called willpower. Plus I kind of get pleasure out of torturing myself.
  • TrinnyT
    TrinnyT Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm getting light headed just reading that....
  • mscalla
    mscalla Posts: 19
    Options
    All the time :)
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the wonderfully sinful recipes on facebook lately and my reaction to is....if it looks amazing, I share it so it will show up on my page for a special day when I want to treat myself or my family. Also...the smarter me has found some great healthy recipe sites and added them to my facebook, so now I can share amazing but not sinful recipes myself!!!
  • TrinnyT
    TrinnyT Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, I have as well. Today a friend posted a Butterfinger cake that has almost 600 cals and 69gr sugar per serving. I changed it to a sugar free version with only 80 cals. Now I will have to try it out to see how it tastes.

The original recipe called for a jar of caramel sauce mixed with a can of Eagle brand milk, and poured over a yellow cake, then covered in cool whip, then sprinkle 4 broken up butterfinger bars over the top. Seriously??

Yuck!!!!

I meant this one, lol
  • fly_butterfly
    fly_butterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You still have facebook?

When I'm not using myspace yes lol

What is myspace? :wink: :bigsmile:

I agree with a couple of you. FB is a thing of the past for me too. Since I've given up "checking it every 20 minutes"....all of a sudden I have this extra time on my hands. I guess I just grew tired of all of the narcissist behavior.

I'll pass on the butterfinger cake too. :sick: