The Shrinking Girl - pic

Options
Hey. I've always been chubby. One day, the self loathing got so thick, I decided there was no room left to like myself any less, so it was time to change. And change is hard. The first two weeks were the worst. After I got over that, and my body got used to eating significantly less, working out quite a bit, and being all around healthier and active, things became more natural.

I'm not on a diet. I'm living a new lifestyle, and it's just got to be here to stay. It's been really nice not setting challenges or time limits for expected weight loss, etc. Challenging myself just gave me room to fail, per the norm. There's no room for failure when you're simply asking yourself to do better each day than you did the day before. And if you aren't your best one day, the next day is a new chance.

I eat around 1500 calories a day, I exercise and burn a minimum of 300 a day (but sometimes burn 1000) and I don't eat back my calories. I work out 5-6 days a week, never 7. I eat what I want, I just chill when it comes to how much of it I eat. Sticking to my calories has been huge. I'm looking forward to the next 50 pounds. Change happens when you work hard for it. My scale doesn't reflect what I'd like it to, but my pictures don't lie, and my clothes falling off tell their own story, too.

Futureformerfatty.com - that's my private blog, where I talk about my own journey.

e53bb010-ead9-4851-bdc8-fb4b9dc62312_zpsa9097678.jpg

Replies

• kae_blah
    kae_blah Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great work.
  • Jobeth1961
    Jobeth1961 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Double Wow!!
    Your story is so good but the photos are mind blowing in 50 days! I hope 100's will see them, they are totally inspiring ~ anyone struggling with starting or getting past a few teething problems she read your post. Congratulations!
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!

And I was the same when I started this journey - I couldn't hate myself anymore. Except I was starving/binging/purging (yet gaining cause I had screwed up my metabolism after losing weight unhealthily). I literally could not do it any longer.
    So glad we found mfp.. Good luck on the rest of your journey :)
  • KenzNDieselsMama
    Options
    Double Wow!!
    Your story is so good but the photos are mind blowing in 50 days! I hope 100's will see them, they are totally inspiring ~ anyone struggling with starting or getting past a few teething problems she read your post. Congratulations!

You are so nice to say this!! I get on mfp every night and scour the feeds for success stories as motivation for myself. Such a rad place for encouragement and support!!
  • KenzNDieselsMama
    Options
    So happy for you!!

And I was the same when I started this journey - I couldn't hate myself anymore. Except I was starving/binging/purging (yet gaining cause I had screwed up my metabolism after losing weight unhealthily). I literally could not do it any longer.
    So glad we found mfp.. Good luck on the rest of your journey :)

Most people don't get the whole self-loathing thing. It's nice to come across people that can hear it and get it! Thx for the luck...I'll need it!
  • Marcidy
    Marcidy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! You are so inspirational! I just took a look at your blog and I really enjoyed reading your posts! Keep up the great work :)
  • pinksands143
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats! Im so excited and cant wait to be able to post a weight drop =D
  • koshiegirl36
    koshiegirl36 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OMG what a star you are. The pic shows a massive achievement. You should be very proud of yourself that the person motivating you is you. I know only too well how hard it can be and you have made me that alittle bit strong because of your post. Well done x
  • emilyanner
    Options
    Wow this is amazing! You definitely should be super proud of yourself!
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, the pictures are amazing, but even more so is your attitude to the journey - really really inspirational stuff, that really makes me think about it all!
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Attitude is everything when it comes to staying motivated, and you definitely have a great one. Thanks for posting your story!
  • KenzNDieselsMama
    Options
    I never thought I'd get such awesome feedback about my short journey so far. THANK YOU SO MUCH! It's amazing how much good the encouragement of strangers can do for something so important!! You're all awesome. <3
  • jennymendiola
    jennymendiola Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!! Congrats!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration. It takes a lot of dedication and focus and you seem to be doing a perfect job. You should be proud!
  • JenevaMarie
    JenevaMarie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are doing a Fabulous job :) Thanks for sharing!!!
  • mrsolivares2012
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!
  • Edlets
    Edlets Posts: 7
    Options
    WOW! Your story is so inspirational. I too am at that self loathing stage and I feel that it is ruining my relationship as I hate my husband seeing me - I feel I have let him down by getting so out of shape. I also don't want to have my pictures taken with my kids because I hate what I see. But this is my year to sort myself out and kick my butt into gear. Thank you for your amazing story and showing me that with hard work I can achieve good health :happy:
  • kellya1601
    kellya1601 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic inspirational story. I'm completely new to this, going from dieting only but never including a fitness plan. I'm now on day 3 of a new lifestyle and reading this ours me on to keep going with it, taking one day at a time. Well done.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your stomach is really going down! I looked at your blog, and I'm gonna have to pick me up one of those Mickey Snacks. They look good.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I'm totally inspired by you! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!